Which hotel around Soi 11

I have stayed at the Mercure twice since it opened in April (august and december).

Pros:  gf, beds are huge and comfortable.  Pool is big and it gets sun.  gym is decent

Cons:  elevators are tiny and slow, front desk and overall service is weak

I would recommend it, as the location is great and since they re-opened in April (former President Palace), almost everything is new.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a hotel late in June thru early July and the prices seem much higher this year.  In the order of 40% higher.  Anyone know what is up?  I used to stay at the Grand President on Soi 11 but that has gotten a bit too seedy and attracts a tourist crowd that I am not so compatible with.  Also, while every suite has a washing machine after staying there for years I have yet to find one that actually works.  Last year I stayed at the Centre Point Soi 10 and was very happy with the hotel but this year the price is very high for the same period.  I have a reservation there but I am looking to see what else I can find.  What I am looking for is close to the action on Sukhumvit, girl friendly of course, very clean and washing machine in room.  I would like to keep it around $100US per night. 

I just checked out of Mercure on Soi 11 today. Great location right in the middle of the Soi. Opposite is Hillary 3 for some beer bar/girl attention. Free pool tables upstairs. The Australian bar is over the road if you want to watch sports.

Nana BTS 5/6 minute walk. Lot’s of restaurants in the area. Late at night - around 3.30-4.00 am good choice of FL wandering around with a variety of quality and prices. Watch the LB’s they are beautiful and difficult to tell the difference. Nice little salon over the road called Grace where I got a haircut and beard trim for AUD$11 by a cute LB. Rooms here are big and comfortable - very clean. Great price too. Breakfast if not included in your rate is available in the restaurant downstairs called Alex - small buffet selection with egg station but good and fresh - around AUD$12.00 - Hotel is guest friendly but they ask that ID is left at Reception so no problem. I would stay here again. Alex Restaurant/Brasserie turns into a bit of a nightclub at night. I was on level 3 facing the Soi but little if any street noise in my room. Sleep quality was great. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

I just checked out of Mercure on Soi 11 today. Great location right in the middle of the Soi. Opposite is Hillary 3 for some beer bar/girl attention. Free pool tables upstairs. The Australian bar is over the road if you want to watch sports.

Nana BTS 5/6 minute walk. Lot’s of restaurants in the area. Late at night - around 3.30-4.00 am good choice of FL wandering around with a variety of quality and prices. Watch the LB’s they are beautiful and difficult to tell the difference. Nice little salon over the road called Grace where I got a haircut and beard trim for AUD$11 by a cute LB. Rooms here are big and comfortable - very clean. Great price too. Breakfast if not included in your rate is available in the restaurant downstairs called Alex - small buffet selection with egg station but good and fresh - around AUD$12.00 - Hotel is guest friendly but they ask that ID is left at Reception so no problem. I would stay here again. Alex Restaurant/Brasserie turns into a bit of a nightclub at night. I was on level 3 facing the Soi but little if any street noise in my room. Sleep quality was great. Cheers.

Sounds promising. I've got 6 days booked here for June and can't wait. Did you manage to check out the pool? I usually stay around Asoke so looking forward to a change of scenery.

Sounds promising. I've got 6 days booked here for June and can't wait. Did you manage to check out the pool? I usually stay around Asoke so looking forward to a change of scenery.

Had a drink at the pool bar - but didn’t have a swim. pool area is nice. Morning sun. Pool lounges and sun umbrellas.

I was happy with the overall services provided by Mercure.

which hotel is better for the FL variety? Mercure, Swiss or Majestic? 

I have no experience with the other two - but just to be sure no one is confused by tread title - Majestic (either location) is not on Soi 11. 

Majestic is on Sukhumvit right around the corner from Soi 4. Great location as far as I am concerned, super convenient to NEP and Nana BTS. 

Majestic Grande is on Soi 2. Also pretty good location, on the 'other' side, i.e. west side of NEP from the other location. Nicer hotel, slightly more expensive, and slightly more steps from NEP and Nana BTS. 

Both are super close to the Nana sign FLs that is opposite NEP, as well as they myriad FLs up and down Soi 4. Not sure if those are the FLs you are interested in, or others. 

Have stayed in Swiss 3 times, and think its great, especially if you can get an executive suite, Swimming pool not the biggest but I rarely use it, 1 d'ont really p4p but it always seems available on 11, will be staying here on my return from Hua Hin with the family, not sure what they will make of lower Suk at night!!!