Sukhumvit Hotel Location Opinion

Looking for suggestions between this 2 hotels. Hope you experienced guys can chime in.

1) Hilton Sukhumvit 
- Got free accomodation here
- Planning to go thermae to pick up some FL. Worry that it is too far from Thermae and FL will not go back with me. 

- Planning to go to Soi Cowboy and taking back some LT

- Travel from Soi Cowboy/Thermae might be too cumbersome.  (BTS or taxi)? 

2) Sofitel Sukhumvit. 
- close to thermae
- need to pay out of pocket. 
- Central to everything.

Ultimately i would like to try Hilton but i will have only 2 days. Which of the 2 will you guys pick ?

Thanks

Never stayed at either, so take this with a grain of salt, but as far as location goes, I think Sofitel is the better choice here. Helps being closer to Soi 11 and Nana Plaza in case you alter your plans. Location matters to me more than price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never stayed in either, I normal stay at either the continent or s sukumvit suites. I prefer these locations because they are near BTS/MRT Station.   Realistically though I have been to Thermae frequently as well as Nana and Soi 11. We usually walk out that way. I have walked back from Thermae with a ST, I have both walked and taken a taxi back from Nana with a LT. None of these things posed an issue at all.

I have never stayed at the Hilton but have the Sofitel.

Just on location Sofitel wins by a large margin.

Rooms are great and as you mentioned about Thermae, it's virtually next door to it.

If staying at the Hilton then BTS and walking or Taxi are your only options to get to and from it and the night life.

Another option is Four Points Soi 15 which will cost less than Sofitel but not have the same luxury feel.

The Westin or even Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for a more luxury feel and slightly cheaper cost than Sofitel.

I gather you are a hotel rewards program member since a free stay at Hilton or Sofitel is your other prefered option.

• Upvote 1

Looking for suggestions between this 2 hotels. Hope you experienced guys can chime in.

1) Hilton Sukhumvit 

- Got free accomodation here

- Planning to go thermae to pick up some FL. Worry that it is too far from Thermae and FL will not go back with me. 

- Planning to go to Soi Cowboy and taking back some LT

- Travel from Soi Cowboy/Thermae might be too cumbersome.  (BTS or taxi)? 

2) Sofitel Sukhumvit. 

- close to thermae

- need to pay out of pocket. 

- Central to everything.

Ultimately i would like to try Hilton but i will have only 2 days. Which of the 2 will you guys pick ?

Thanks

On location alone I would choose either the Sofitel, Westin, Grand Centre Point T21, or Radisson Blu because all are a short walking distance to and from Cowboy with a girl. No taxis needed. But free accomodation at the Hilton is a great plus. It will leave you with more money to spend on girls and booze. Besides, the Hilton location is not bad. It is very close to the Soi 24-Soi 26 Oily massage parlors for some afternoon fun and Em Quartier Mall where a Thai lunch at the food court is inexpensive and very good. Then for the evening entertainment you could walk to Cowboy, but I think you will be much better off and a lot less sticky taking the BTS or a motorcycle taxi there. Bringing Go Go girls back from either Nana or Cowboy to the Hilton is not a problem. That is what taxis are for. No bar girl will mind. Just take a moving taxi, not a parked one and insist on a meter. Your girl can do the talking.

If the Sofitel is also free on points to you, then you will probably be a little better off here. I think you will still have to take a taxi to bring a girl back from Nana, but a taxi is not needed from Cowboy. For afternoon recreation you will want to take the BTS to and from the soi 24 oily massage parlors.

Edited by gogul

Thanks for all your response.

Looks like Sofitel is the preferred location and as expected.  Hilton might be harder to get to Thermae/soi Cowboy.  

Mrfreeze got it right,  i am a htn member and have many unused points. it would be cheaper if were to stay at Hilton.

Sofitel seems to have a small entrance and have many bellboys around.  Will they border you if i were to walk with a girl in ?   It seems to be a GF hotel.

Thanks for all your response.

Looks like Sofitel is the preferred location and as expected.  Hilton might be harder to get to Thermae/soi cowboy.  

Mrfreeze got it right,  i am a htn member and have many unused points. it would be cheaper if were to stay at Hilton.

Sofitel seems to have a small entrance and have many bellboys around.  Will they border you if i were to walk with a girl in ?   It seems to be a GF hotel.

I have stayed at Sofitel previously as I mentioned above and have taken different women back without issue.

Went back to the room after dinner with the then Thai Girlfriend and her friend, so 3 of us walked in and a couple of times with a ST from a BJ bar and once with a LT from the Soi 7 Beer Garden.

Never had an issue, I think with the better hotels they like to be discreet about things incase it was your wife / girlfriend etc. and don't want to cause the embarrassment.