Landmark...club access worth it?

I agree. The most I would do is upgrade to the corner room for a little extra space. I'm never able to stay in the hotel long enough to enjoy the free cocktails as I would rather be out and about watching people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally always go for the Club access. That way my breakfast gets covered and I typically eat a light meal there during cocktail hour between my afternoon oily and evening go-gos when I stop by the hotel to freshen up. Also as I'm usually heading somewhere for business, the few pieces of free laundry are nice. Upon return stays they have given free upgrades to corner which is nice for the extra space as noted above. Just a personal comfort thing for me. To each their own! 

I would have to agree with dbuko for exactly his reasoning. The free breakfast and free drinks at happy hour can save you some dollars (or currency of your choice) in the long run especially with the alcohol. Free is free especially when beer is 140 bht. The other thing is simply do the math and see what comes out better in the wash. Also, an upgrade to a suite may help when you place that reservation. I do this on travel all the time and it allows me to spend on more important things, like women. Finally, splurge on yourself. You are on vacy and you are worth every pfenning. It may not be too late. Ask at the desk and you might get a manger's special. 

• 2 months later...

I would have to agree with dbuko for exactly his reasoning. The free breakfast and free drinks at happy hour can save you some dollars (or currency of your choice) in the long run especially with the alcohol. Free is free especially when beer is 140 bht. The other thing is simply do the math and see what comes out better in the wash. Also, an upgrade to a suite may help when you place that reservation. I do this on travel all the time and it allows me to spend on more important things, like women. Finally, splurge on yourself. You are on vacy and you are worth every pfenning. It may not be too late. Ask at the desk and you might get a manger's special. 

that part!

• 2 months later...

I’ve noticed over the last 6 months or so, prices have jumped at The Landmark, I guess that all floors are now fully renovated. I used to regularly lift a corner-room, but now with tax included I find it’s just over what I want to spend, so I just book standard room.

I’m usually getting into the hotel late though, getting a flight from Hong Kong after work on a Friday and regularly they’ll have given my room away and I end up getting upgraded to a suite. Think it helps that I’ve stayed there regularly in the past as well.