Quality hotel with decent sized pool near Soi 4 or Cowboy ?

Location ? because wherever I start out I almost always end up back at either one of these, most often Soi 4, if not heading off into the night on a wild goose chase for some decent after hours nonsense.

I like a pool in the afternoon to while away the hours.

Decent hotel so I can use some of their services if I choose or not if I don't.

Flying in 36 hours so help me out a little here.

I like the Landmark. It's just a few steps away from Soi 4 on Sukhumvit. It's not cheap but I can't fault it.

What's your price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landmark doesn't cut it with me. JWM if in that part of town and looking for that price bracket.

In fact, I had the JW on offer and hesitated then it raised the price and so I was pissed at the new price :(

Nana Hotel. For me quality enough. On Soi 4 next to NEP.

As most do, stayed one night many years ago and never went back. A shithole in the 1990s.

Look at the new Mercure Soi 11 - -replaced the President Palace. opened in April.  Should be new and shiny. 

A bit cheaper is the Grand President on Soi 11....bad service and rooms showing their age, but pool is great.

Odd side eh ?

GP is old hat now as are most of the original serviced apartments which were great large rooms for fantastic prices back in the 1990s / 2000s.

Will look at the Mercure.

Mercure has some shockingly bad reviews of late and at Bt3k plus a day it doesn't hit the mark for that price.

Rather pay more for more.

Considering the "new" Marriott down Soi 22 but will likely stay around Soi 4 and go down to 22 for a beer.

JWM. Best choice in that price range around Nana. The pool is great. A good gym as well. Ask for a room facing east, and you will have a view overlooking Nana plaza.

The Sofitel also has a great pool area. Has a lively and intimate feel to it. Good hotel, but in my experience, can not match the JWM overall.

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 also has a good pool, but lack atmosphere. And the rooms are terrible. Decor like dorm rooms and beds that float around. Also, the hotel does not serve alcohol anywhere. You can still bring your own from 7-11. But still weird.

The Radisson is good, but for a pool there are better options in that price range.

Best pool area within reach of Nana was the Swissotel Nai Lert Park, but they closed in December. It was getting old, and location was terrible so not surprised.  

thanks for the notice about the mercure.  

Have a look at the Sofitel Sukhumvit.  Not cheap, but great rooms, gym and pool.  It it almost next to Thermae, directly on the Suk after Soi 11

Hi All,

Is the Radisson Blu Plaza guest friendly?

It is. I stay there regularly. Nice hotel with walking distance to Soi Cowboy. They offer a good rate for this summer at Club Carlson. For the price, it is probably the best upscale hotel alternative in Sukhumvit. The pool is only ok, but their western, Thai, Japanese AND Korean breakfast is excellent!

Suggest you take a look at the Grand Dynasty on Soi 6. Very good value for money, decent rooms, pool (shielded from the afternoon sun) and other amenities. Lots of friends stay there, the type that when the company is paying it's the JW Marriott but when it is their own pocket it is the Grand Dynasty. Very good value for money.

www.dynastygrande.com

Cheers,

Mark