Park Plaza Hotel (Sukhumvit Soi 16): Any Good?

I have to say I love staying on Soi 18 as its fairly quiet. Probably not suitable if you want to be right next to Nana, however its not far to Cowboy. This hotel has a complimentary tuk-tuk to take you to Sukhumvit road

There are a few good eateries on Soi18 but lets be honest they are everywhere

I have stayed at Maitria right opposite the Park Plaza Soi18, a really nice 4-star, girl friendly. I want to also try the Park Plaza

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All!

Ok, there is a Park Plaza 16, but it's Ratchadapisek 16, not "Soi 16". And this is actyally before the entrance if soi 16.

I love 5his location and gitel, very close to Asok station and SoiCowboy.

Stated here around 5 to 6 times in oast 10 years. Last stay was 3 yrs ago and wont stag here again till they renovate. Rooms have gone old now.

Park Plaza on Soi 18 is fairly new, but its a fair bit of walk to Asok, and too inside the soi 18. I don't like the location.

Now my new chouce hotel in this area is the WELL HOTEL in soi 20. Its a new property and fantastic rooms.

All of these hotels - ParkPlaza 16, soi 18 and Well hotel are totally guest friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here, the hotel is very good for the price it offers and walk-able to Cowboy.

There is a nice small restaurant with the name something like garden in it in front of the hotel and when i stayed Chang Beer promotion was going on and they had employed an amazing figured tall model like girl to serve. Never had guts to ask her out though,   :wub:

But I agree the location is confusing. We lost the way when we first landed and cab driver took us to later soi and we had to walk back.

Edited by al_the_bull

• 9 months later...

• Its at Asoke, right across the road from Starbucks & a 7/11.
  • Definitely girl friendly and a quick walk over to Soi Cowboy. A couple of minutes away from the BTS as well.
  • I got the Deluxe Corner Room which is a little bit larger, it was a nice room but I did have a weird smell coming from the AC unit a few times that I had to call them to fix.
  • Overall service was nice, cleaning ladies tried to wake me at 9 am every day and I would have to yell at them through the door to come back later.
  • Breakfast was terrible, no real breakfast items besides for bread. I don't understand fried noodles for breakfast.
  • Pool was on the top floor. I didn't swim so can't comment on the temperature etc but it looked nice. I was mostly on the pool side tables working.
  • Girls were asked for an ID if they came up alone and they called to confirm when they left. If they girl walked in with me, nobody asked any question.
  • Staff was friendly overall, arrange for an early check-in and held my bag for several hours after check-out.
  • Room service was not great at all and I would not recommend it.

I'm not entirely sure but I believe there are two separate Park Plaza hotels on Soi 18 and Sukhumvit. I had a girl go to the wrong hotel once and try to call up from the lobby. She said it was a 5 minute walk over.

Soi 18 - https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d2049177-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Bangkok_Soi_18-Bangkok.html

Sukhumvit - https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d939455-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Sukhumvit_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

Ha ha, it's the same hotel and, despite what the Agoda website claims (it was that that threw me too, Crash69) it is on Soi 18. It's own official website says Soi 18, anyway.

(I laugh not at you lads, but at the fact I already just mixed up Centre Point on Soi 10 with Centre Point in Chit Lom and managed to book the wrong one... If there'd been TWO Park Plazas I'd have thought this was some kind of conspiracy!  :( )

Edited by khyatidropbox

Okay. Spoiler alert: I finally got there.

My April 2017 trip was postponed, but I booked and stayed at the Park Plaza SOI 18 in December 2017. That's this one: https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d2049177-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Bangkok_Soi_18-Bangkok.html

I didn't stay at this one, the Park Plaza SUKHUMVIT: https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d939455-Reviews-Park_Plaza_Sukhumvit_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

However, it is VERY confusing. The taxi driver from the airport took me to the wrong one (it's on Rachadapisek Road)  and dropped me off there: it's 20 minutes' walk (or 30-40 mins in a taxi: yup, taxi takes a lot longer - one way roads, in heavy traffic) from the fucker I wanted on Soi 18.

The one I stayed at was okay as accommodation. Room clean. Spacey. Pool passable, if minute. Wi-fi okay. No problem with bringing birds back: everyone knows the score, lots of wink-winking from the bloke on the door (who was a cool dude). I think ID card was always handed over (was royally pissed once or twice so can't recall). I never brought more than one bird back at once.

BUT... the young birds on reception (two or three of them, always the same team) were a right pain in the arse. F*cking rude uppitey bitches. Slow as shit, terrible supercilious attitude: they spoke about customers (me, and anyone else they were serving) in Thai, saying sarky catty stuff that my (crap) This is good enough to understand wasn't polite or flattering, Really pissed me off. The kind of women you take an instant dislike to because it saves time. They really stressed me out, and as I checked out I gave it to them with both barrels. Of course, I heard then sniggering and calling me a cunt in Thai as I walked away. But I won't be going back.

(The PARK PLAZA SUKHUMVIT, by the way, looked better than the one I stayed at (though I only saw the lobby and reception area. And the staff there were VERY kind and cordial. If it's guest friendly, I'll stay there next time.)

Tom Tit  :blink:

Edited by Tom Tit
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you walk back up towards Suk Road from the hotel there's a small beer bar called Corner@Asoke or something like that that's worth checking out. Cheap beer, good pool table, good people watching spot, decent crowd. No bar girls but fun serving staff. Nice relaxed spot for a drink in the afternoon.