Park Plaza Hotel (Sukhumvit Soi 16): Any Good?

Anyone stayed here and can recommend it?

Some good current internet deals right now. I've never stayed there. Last mentioned on here 3 years ago: a short thread and a couple of one-liners, all basically just saying it (was) girl friendly. That's good, of course, but ... anything else...?

(Remember lads, old Tom Tit likes a hotel with a good pool, so he can pack his speedos and his sunscreen (deluding himself that he's gonna be sober at some time during his stay and not 24/7 boozing and chasing skirt) then unpack said items unused when he gets home.) 

Tom Tit  :blink:

Well TT, I too was thinking about a couple nights at the park plaza and based on pics and 600 or so reviews on Expedia I really couldn't find anything or anyone with anything negative to say about it.

I'll be the other speedo poolside brother.

Thanks for that SJ. Being a moron, I just provisionally (free cancellation, thank f*ck) booked at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom in th mistaken belief that it was the Centre Point Hotel on Soi 10 (yes, the Chidlom in the name should've bee a giveaway but, as I said, I'm a moron). The Chidlom CP sounds great and I got a very good price (about 2500 baht per night, deluxe room with breakfast), but it's a bit far away from the NEP/SC action for my liking. I can't remember why I abandoned ship on the Park Plaza idea,  but your post has got me regretting it. I'll have another look at Centre Point Soi 10 and Park Plaza... Always got the Chidlom place now as a back up.

There is no Park Plaza on soi 16. There is a Park Plaza on soi 18 and one on Ratchadaphisek Road 16. If you mean the one on soi 18, I can provide information in detail. I have stayed there many times. If you mean the one on Ratchadaphisek Road, I can only say that it looks good, and it is on my list to try but I fear it may be noisy due to traffic.

The Park Plaza on soi 18 usually offer a better rate and is on a very quiet location. From Soi Cowboy, it will take you about the same time to get to, given the time it takes to cross the roads. From Nana, the taxi will also be about the same.

There is no Park Plaza on soi 16. There is a Park Plaza on soi 18 and one on Ratchadaphisek Road 16. If you mean the one on soi 18, I can provide information in detail. I have stayed there many times. If you mean the one on Ratchadaphisek Road, I can only say that it looks good, and it is on my list to try but I fear it may be noisy due to traffic.

The Park Plaza on soi 18 usually offer a better rate and is on a very quiet location. From Soi Cowboy, it will take you about the same time to get to, given the time it takes to cross the roads. From Nana, the taxi will also be about the same.

It looks like there is one on Soi 16.

(According to Agoda website)

Ha ha, it's the same hotel and, despite what the Agoda website claims (it was that that threw me too, Crash69) it is on Soi 18. It's own official website says Soi 18, anyway.

(I laugh not at you lads, but at the fact I already just mixed up Centre Point on Soi 10 with Centre Point in Chit Lom and managed to book the wrong one... If there'd been TWO Park Plazas I'd have thought this was some kind of conspiracy!  :( )

Now we've worked out here the fucker is, hey Hermansen, how's about some of that 'I can provide information in detail' stuff? Would be greatly obliged.

Reviews online seem universally positive. Only (minor) grumbles appear to be 'location' and 'small swimming pool': well, I know where it is and it's close enough to NEP and SC for me, and I'll file the pool objection under 'so what?'

​Bottom line: Is it 'guest friendly'? Cover charge? Walk of shame? Clientele mostly beery mongers in flip-flops and soccer tops (see under Nana hotel and also under 'Tom Tit-kettle calling the pot black') or a mix?

Thanks in advancefor any tips, Hermansen (and anyone else who'd like to chime in).

Edited by Tom Tit

Now we've worked out here the fucker is, hey Hermansen, how's about some of that 'I can provide information in detail' stuff? Would be greatly obliged.

Reviews online seem universally positive. Only (minor) grumbles appear to be 'location' and 'small swimming pool': well, I know where it is and it's close enough to NEP and SC for me, and I'll file the pool objection under 'so what?'

​Bottom line: Is it 'guest friendly'? Cover charge? Walk of shame? Clientele mostly beery mongers in flip-flops and soccer tops (see under Nana Hotel and also under 'Tom Tit-kettle calling the pot black') or a mix?

Thanks in advancefor any tips, Hermansen (and anyone else who'd like to chime in).

No problem. Formalities first. "Guest friendly", so no cover charge. I have never left girl ID in reception (but I would if FL). You do pass the reception area when you leave, and there is always activity there. So a bit of a shame walk involved, but no one cares. I don't mind at all. The swimming pool is not olympic size, but it is def not small. I have seen some small pools (e.g. Dawin), but the roof top pool at Park Plaza soi 18 has a good size. The pool area is great actually. Clean, sunny and relaxing. There is also a small bar which is not too pricy.

Clientele is - I would say younger. But no dreads or flip-flops, no soccer top mongerers. I remember seeing a few asian couples, but I would not say that there was any particular kind of guests that stood out. Generally a very relaxed clientele.

The location is quiet and nice. There is a few laundries and regular massage shops around. The restaurant next door is ok. A short walk up to the main road, but I did not mind. Asoke is 4 - 5 min walk away. Use a taxi when you have a girl with you.

Rooms are great. Well decorated. Could not hear anyone from neighboring rooms. They have a very good breakfast with a wide selection, but I usually sleep through it.

• Upvote 1

No problem. Formalities first. "Guest friendly", so no cover charge. I have never left girl ID in reception (but I would if FL). You do pass the reception area when you leave, and there is always activity there. So a bit of a shame walk involved, but no one cares. I don't mind at all. The swimming pool is not olympic size, but it is def not small. I have seen some small pools (e.g. Dawin), but the roof top pool at Park Plaza soi 18 has a good size. The pool area is great actually. Clean, sunny and relaxing. There is also a small bar which is not too pricy.

Clientele is - I would say younger. But no dreads or flip-flops, no soccer top mongerers. I remember seeing a few asian couples, but I would not say that there was any particular kind of guests that stood out. Generally a very relaxed clientele.

The location is quiet and nice. There is a few laundries and regular massage shops around. The restaurant next door is ok. A short walk up to the main road, but I did not mind. Asoke is 4 - 5 min walk away. Use a taxi when you have a girl with you.

Rooms are great. Well decorated. Could not hear anyone from neighboring rooms. They have a very good breakfast with a wide selection, but I usually sleep through it.

Perfect. Thanks so much. It's a sale!

It looks like there is one on Soi 16.

(According to Agoda website)

b02aa471475fcf0c32fbd5594d92474b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your map shows the correct location of the Park Plaza I know about, at least. I was going to stay there last time I was in Bangkok, but they didn't have any rooms available for the whole stay.