Would you live near Nana/Soi Cowboy?

So, I'm planning my GTFO trip next year, I'm considering spending 6 months in Thailand. I love big cities and want to spend a few months in BKK, doing fuck all and fucking all kind of girls.

My question is, if you were in my shoes, would you chose to rent a place close to Nana and Soi Cowboy? I see the biggest advantage is that I can bring BG's and freelancers back to my place easily,  and that I have entertainment close by. However, I don't think being that close to those 2 locations would be easy for me to meet and bring back regular girls, not to mention that it'll be hard to see the non-red light district side of BKK.

Any thoughts?

6 months isn't really that long, but if you're really going to do nothing but go to Nana/Cowboy and bring freelancers back to your place then go for it.

"Near" Nana/Cowboy is subjective though. I personally would never live in lower Sukhumvit. It's one of the stinkiest, dirtiest places in Bangkok. The only reason to go there is for the red light stuff really. Otherwise it's crap.

But Chit Lom is technically close to Nana/Cowboy. Thong Lor is technically close... Ekkamai or Ratchada might even be considered close depending on your definition of close. Living a BTS or MRT stop or two from Nana/Cowboy is awesome, but living right in the mix of there would be aweful IMO. There's entertainment all over BKK, and this is a MASSIVE city, so don't think that they'll be no entertainment outside of lower Suk.

• Upvote 3

6 months isn't really that long, but if you're really going to do nothing but go to Nana/Cowboy and bring freelancers back to your place then go for it.

"Near" Nana/Cowboy is subjective though. I personally would never live in lower Sukhumvit. It's one of the stinkiest, dirtiest places in Bangkok. The only reason to go there is for the red light stuff really. Otherwise it's crap.

But Chit Lom is technically close to Nana/Cowboy. Thong Lor is technically close... Ekkamai or Ratchada might even be considered close depending on your definition of close. Living a BTS or MRT stop or two from Nana/Cowboy is awesome, but living right in the mix of there would be aweful IMO. There's entertainment all over BKK, and this is a MASSIVE city, so don't think that they'll be no entertainment outside of lower Suk.

This is excellent advice. I think, even if you're of Mongering for the Olympics status, you'd get sick of living on Lower Suk after probably 3 months max.

Be good to yourself and look for somewhere that won't be like walking into a dustbin when you step out into sunlight every morning.

Six months! You lucky bastard.

Enviously yours,

Tom Tit  :blink:

• Upvote 1

There's a saying: don't shit where you sleep.

I wouldn't stay along lower sukhumvit. It's too crowded too expensive and too many farangs.

Instead I stay in a nice condo with plenty of both locals and expats just a 5-10 min motocy ride to Soi Cowboy. Paying less than 15k too!

I agree totally with Diabolic and davvvid.

If I were planning to live in BKK for 6 to 12 months, I would look for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom condo apartment to rent in the area bounded in the south by Sukumvit up to Phetchaburi in the north and from Sukhumvit Soi 23 in the west all the way up to Ekamai (Soi 63) in the east. I would require a well maintained building with a nice swimming pool and 24 hour security. The good news is that there is a large selection of really nice rental units that fit that description at various price points in this broad area and I am certain that I would have no problem living somewhere around Thonglor (Soi 55). In fact I think I would really like it. During the day this area is trendy, upscale, and pleasant to walk around in like a Thai version of the upper west side of Manhattan. At night there are all kinds of great restaurants, bistros, bars, nightclubs, and G-clubs, but nothing too raunchy. 555. And anytime I want it, Soi 24 massage parlors, Cowboy, Nana are only a few BTS stops away or only a few minutes travel time by motocycle taxi. You want to live the good life in BKK? This is where it is at.

Edited by gogul
  • Upvote 3

I agree totally with Diabolic and davvvid.

If I were planning to live in BKK for 6 to 12 months, I would look for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom condo apartment to rent in the area bounded in the south by Sukumvit up to Phetchaburi in the north and from Sukhumvit Soi 23 in the west all the way up to Ekamai (Soi 63) in the east. I would require a well maintained building with a nice swimming pool and 24 hour security. The good news is that there is a large selection of really nice rental units that fit that description at various price points in this broad area and I am certain that I would have no problem living somewhere around Thonglor (Soi 55). In fact I think I would really like it. During the day this area is trendy, upscale, and pleasant to walk around in like a Thai version of the upper west side of Manhattan. At night there are all kinds of great restaurants, bistros, bars, nightclubs, and G-clubs, but nothing too raunchy. 555. And anytime I want it, Soi 24 massage parlors, Cowboy, Nana are only a few BTS stops away or only a few minutes travel time by motocycle taxi. You want to live the good life in BKK? This is where it is at.

Thanks, that's what I want to see, some informative recommendation.

I'd rather live in a nice neighborhood but close to the actions. Do you know where are the expats neighborhood in BKK?

And what are G-clubs?

Thanks, that's what I want to see, some informative recommendation.

I'd rather live in a nice neighborhood but close to the actions. Do you know where are the expats neighborhood in BKK?

And what are G-clubs?

G clubs are gentlemen clubs. A waste of money in my opinion because usually sex is not on the table.

• Upvote 1

G clubs are gentlemen clubs. A waste of money in my opinion because usually sex is not on the table.

G-clubs are not for everybody. For one, they are expensive, but for two, the girls are top tier. Now whether it is worthwhile to spend time and money in one of these places depends primarily on your time horizon, the size of your wallet, and the quality of girl you are after. For short time visits G-Clubs are probably not worth the money since as you point out, immediate sexual gratification is usually not on the menu. But for expats and longer term BKK residents, G-clubs can be an excellent source for high quality girls.

1st, visit a G-Club or two, spend a couple of hours as a guest, get to know the ropes, make the acquaintance of a couple of really good looking girls, buy them drinks, and let them entertain you in house for a couple of hours as you enjoy the show. Then decide if this style of entertainment is something you might be interested in. If the answer yes, buy an annual membership at a your favorite G-Club like PIMP Club or Sherbert. I almost guarantee you that after a few visits as a member you will gain off site access to their pussies. 

https://www.facebook.com/ThePimpBangkok/

• Upvote 1

G-clubs are not for everybody. For one, they are expensive, but for two, the girls are top tier. Now whether it is worthwhile to spend time and money in one of these places depends primarily on your time horizon, the size of your wallet, and the quality of girl you are after. For short time visits G-Clubs are probably not worth the money since as you point out, immediate sexual gratification is usually not on the menu. But for expats and longer term BKK residents, G-clubs can be an excellent source for high quality girls.

1st, visit a G-Club or two, spend a couple of hours as a guest, get to know the ropes, make the acquaintance of a couple of really good looking girls, buy them drinks, and let them entertain you in house for a couple of hours as you enjoy the show. Then decide if this style of entertainment is something you might be interested in. If the answer yes, buy an annual membership at a your favorite G-Club like Pimp Club or Sherbert. I almost guarantee you that after a few visits as a member you will gain off site access to their pussies.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePimpBangkok/

Excellent detailed description for those who don't know what a g-club is. It's not for me though. Too expensive, and too much time and effort needed to put in. I manage one night stands and freebies either ways so no point in signing up for an overpriced membership to maybe get some pussy.