Kingston Suites

I got to visit this hotel for a week after the electricity quit in a sister hotel and a curfew had been announced. When the A/C stopped blowing I went outside for a smoke and to see some of the turmoil up close. When I returned to the hotel I found it empty, I was the last to get transported to the new digs.

Kingston is new. It also seems to be unfinished. There is still construction dirt on my 5th story window. There is light showing through the door to the hallway, no trim or something. And the drain in the shower doesn't seem capable of keeping up with the incoming flow of water.

The biggest tell is the rock hard bed. This bed is not 4 star. I had the maids add an additional comforter to sleep atop, but my shoulders still go numb when I sleep on my sides.

The room is spacious. Light switches on both sides of the bed. Good room safe. Pretty nice bathroom, but the one I left behind at Darjelling was better. Fridge is inadequate and completely filled with room bar stock. No wall art makes the room a little Spartan, which contrasts the Venetian style.

Staff is very helpful and plentiful.

After some polishing and new mattresses this may be a good hotel. If the price is right give, it a try in a few months.

I'll add pics later.

• 1 month later...

I'll add pics later.

Sorry about the quality. It was my first time trying to photo document a hotel room.

The picture of the bed and the TV were taken from approximately the same area in the middle of the room. The picture of the window also gives an indication of how large the room is. Only one bathroom picture was in focus and it's poor.

FILE0027.jpg

FILE0028.jpg

FILE0034.jpg

FILE0036.jpg

Edited by xilef