Bkk to mnl or bkk to clk

I've had time to decide. After reading everything in here, i want to split my trip 9 days in bkk and 9 days in olongapo,ac.

Now, i need get a ticket inside a ticket. So, is anyone familiar with rates round trip from Bangkok to PI.? Lol, i have never bought a ticket online and I'm afraid to haha. So, when i land in Bkk i will get one. What airline might do a reasonable rate to clark ab, which would be a better landing spot..

Any help with this would be appreciated.I have friends there, and I'm a bit homesick to that area.????

Ok thanks. I've checked out Air asia and wow, what's with the long layovers? I'm trying not to kill an entire day just getting to the PI hehe.

And thanks again. I feel selfish in asking so many questions but contributing little. If anyone replies and is in Bangkok in December.. I'm happy to buy ya a round lol.????

Tiger air through Singapore is best as far as connection times and price.

Both Philippine airlines and Thai airways fly nonstop bkk to mnl for about $250-290 USD check Expedia for options.

I prefer Philippine air as they fly into NAIA terminal 2 which is a million times easier than terminal 3 where all other international trips arrive and depart.

Edited by Samjet777

Ok thanks. I've checked out Air asia and wow, what's with the long layovers? I'm trying not to kill an entire day just getting to the PI hehe.

And thanks again. I feel selfish in asking so many questions but contributing little. If anyone replies and is in Bangkok in December.. I'm happy to buy ya a round lol.

Sorry....didnt check the layovers of AirAsia. Anyway in the website (Momondo) you can find different nonstop fly from Bkk to Mnl for similar prices

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again. Hmm, rather then start a new topic I'd like to ask if anyone has ever changed their airline ticket afterwards? I just found out i can extend my vacation 4 days...but never tried adjusting an airline return date before..anyone to experience with that? Was it possible, or very costly???????????

Typically on any US carrier such a change would be $300 + difference in ticket cost which could be substantial if with 2 weeks of travel date.

Sometimes cheaper to eat the original ticket and buy a new one, but call them and see what they say.

I used to fly tiger air straight to clark from bangkok but i don't think that route is still available. Flying to clark vs Manila is ideal as it will save time and money. However, if you fly to Manila and want cheap transport to angeles there are many options. Look at flythebus or swagman for options. Private taxi isn't too bad either depending on your budget. I've done both. 

Tiger air has some issues booking online and their flights are often late or delayed. However it's par for the course for philippines airlines. 

You mentioned going to AC and Olangapo (Subic Bay) both within 9 days. I'd recommend AC for the whole trip vs breaking it up. Subic can be ok but it is smaller and less user friendly than AC in my opinion. 9 days you can have fun in AC and get a good handle on things. Try splitting your time between walking street (field's ave) and the older section beyond. 

As for changing tickets that's usually not an option on a cheap ticket. I tried to change a flight on Airasia inside thailand and was quoted more than buying a new ticket. 

Thanks for the info Samjet777 and Kimao. Hehe, i know I'm stretched kinda thin to do both AC and Subic. I'm going a bit out of my way to meet a good friend there in Subic. To me, Subic is a gem which gives me a feeling of peace there. To boot, it's the cheapest place to hang out. I really like the girls attitudes there and feel to have a great pick. In December, i expect next to no farang competition and low bf hehe.I won't likely find 10's lol, but plenty of 7's and 8's.????

I love Angeles too, but a few days is plenty for me to do some hard partying.????

I was hoping to add those days for more wiggle room. Would i check with the departing Airline out of Bkk? In general, a fresh ticket at this point, with extension to nearly xmas..ticket prices have doubled..hmm.

Subic is a much more relaxed place than AC. The main bar area is called Barrio Barretto. The girls of Barrio Barreto are nice and very, very friendly. You will have a good time. There are not near as many bars as AC, but how many bars do you need if the bars are good? An added plus is the bars play rock and roll not the usually crappy shit. Here are a few bars worth checking out.

AngelwitchRum Jungle, Wet Spot, Voodoo, Lollipop, Coco Lips, Alaska, The Office, Buccaneer, Catwalk, and Flash Rat. 

The nearby beach is called Baloy Beach. Like Pattaya the water here is polluted, but there are 3 floating bars off shore, with more friendly girls, that are worth visiting in the afternoon.  

The best restaurant is Blue Rock. Order up a BBQ'd sushi grade blue fin tuna steak with sides for around 500p. I sometimes like to order a pizza from Dryden Deli delivered to whichever bar I am drinking in. The girls love it and they can gobble up an extra large meat lover's pizza in seconds! 

Edited by gogul