Re: STD Checks / taking antibiotics just in case

BangkokHot

All doctors always demanded taking the full course of any anti biotic any time they are used. Not just the one time "shock", but the follow up once a day for a week or whatever. Otherwise, you don't kill the bug, you just make it resistant to the anti biotic, and then you're pretty rightly fucked, and likely will pass it to others and fuck all of us over.

Actually alot of antiobiotics are so strong it is a one time/day course, their half life is very long so will be in your system for days/weeks. Since this thread is about STIs, Chlamydia is a one day course of 1G zithromax, Gonorrhea (which 9/10 times you will know you have as you will be pissing fire) is normally a one time antibiotic injection these days plus a 1G day course of zithromax (or other drug depending). 

• 1 month later...

1 hour test at red cross near sala daeng bts.

HIV and syphilis b600

About 10 min walk from sala daeng bts. At the door you get a number. From there you enter data on a computer. Then go to the reception to confirm data. About 3 min.

Wait to pay about 1 min

After paying go upstairs to the left side #9/10. Wait for blood test and test 2 min.

Done now wait 1 hour for results. Across the street is lumphini park and street food. Can contemplate life with HIV IN A NICE PARK SETTING.

Go back wait upstairs on right side.

At 1 hour called to go downstairs to dr office. Waited 3 min and called to review results.

Finished 1 hour 15 min after entry. 600b

They have a pilot project for prep drug if hiv neg its 92% effictive in blocking future contracting hiv. Cost 1000b a month.

Should be free for bar girls.

• 2 months later...

Why take anti-biotics just in case? Take them only if you have something!!! Anti biotic resistance is taking off due to overprescription of antibiotics for "general purposes"...

That's very true. Only take antibiotics if you're displaying relevant symptoms. If you're healthy and take antibiotics such as Zithromax, you simply risk building up resistance (in which case once you genuinely get the clap it'll take longer to get rid of), damaging your liver and developing stomach/intestine problems. As far as I'm aware, based on what I've been told by a medic, antibiotics don't function to block contraction/onset of bacterial STDs: they cure rather than prevent? Condoms prevent.

Chlamydia is the most common asymptomatic NGU/STD. If you've been wicked with a a few tarts, wait a month and get a chlamydia test. If it's positive, THEN take your antibiotics. No shame in having chlamydia. Many (some say most) sexually active adults get it at one time or another.

I'm not a medical professional, but one of my best mates is a doctor (the medic I mentioned above, and he's also a gold card carrying monger), and I learned the above from him.

Tom Tit  :blink:

Edited by Tom Tit