Four Point or Majestic Grand

I am travelling to Bangkok for the first time in the month of July. Did all my research and narrowed down to Four points by Sheraton and Majestic Grand. I am unable to make a choice between the two properties. I am leaning towards Four point due to its location to all the clubs and distance to both Cowboy and nana. 

The only reason to visit is to have fun with the bar-girls and freelances at the hotel. 

Please advise.

I have stayed many times at Four Points and it is my favourite budget hotel in the SPG group of properties.

I have also stayed at aLoft, The Westin and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I have not stayed at Majestic Grande so can not compare it to Four Points but I will say what I like about the Four Points.

1: Location - slightly closer to Cowboy than Nana and can easily walk between the 2 and also the BTS.

2: Price - deals can be had by looking at the spghotescapes promo page and also the hotels offers page.

3: Room - small room but comfortable and has a deep bath for bath time fun with a guest. The bed is not too soft or too hard

4: Food - you have a choice of the restaurant downstairs, Drunken Lephrecauin, Hooters and the Pool bar.

They also have events on most nights http://www.fourpointsbangkoksukhumvit.com/en/fourpointsbuzz

Join the free SPG reward program and book with their website and get free WiFi, gain points for staying to redeem for later stays

The only thing I did not like about Four Points is one trip I had a room directly below the roof top pool and they had a party on that I could hear until 2am one night.

Every other stay I have not had an issue.

Edited by mrfreeze

I haven't stayed in Foir Point, but I stayed 3 times in Majestic Grande so far.

Their location is great, near Ploenchit Center, close to 7-11, McDonald's, Subway, BTS and Nana Plaza.

The rooms look great, and their staff is good too.

They have a small pool and a fitness center as wel, i didn't use these facilities btw.

On the ground floor there is an Indian Kebab restaurant which is quite good, and there is a restaurant on the 7th floor.

I stayed at the Majestic Grande once, a long time back, when it was still pretty new.

It was nice, very nice room, small but very nicely styled. Pool wasn't large but OK. Never used the fitness rooms. Don't remember breakfast, must have been alright.

But the elevators were an annoyance. While they were modern and should've been fast enough, there were too few for the number of guests, they were always full, and stopping all the time. And, the hotel had a large number of Arabs, which always seems to make slow elevators worse when you have to share with people who can't understand pushing a down arrow to go down and an up arrow to go up (and not @#!$* BOTH, JUST BECAUSE YOUR IMPATIENT AND STUPID!!!!).  Not as big an issue if you keeping "monger hours" and miss the breakfast rush.

Haven't stayed at the 4 points in Bangkok before. Walked by, and it looked like a nice enough place last time I was there, centrally located, clean lobby.  If it compared to other 4 points I've stayed in Ohio and Illinois, I'd pass, but being a Bangkok I'd expect the to have stepped up a bit nicer than there typical low budget US styling to compete with similar priced local spots...

Edited by little_me

I'm thinking of staying at the Four Points, can anyone confirm it's girl friendly? It's a shame they don't have the Beer Vault pub downstairs anymore, used to love that place!

Otherwise great advice about the Four Points from Mr Freeze above.

I'm thinking of staying at the Four Points, can anyone confirm it's girl friendly? It's a shame they don't have the Beer Vault pub downstairs anymore, used to love that place!

Otherwise great advice about the Four Points from Mr Freeze above.

Yes it is girl friendly though I have never had the girl leave id at reception.

Last trip had a friend come stay, she arrived early evening and waited in the lobby area for me to come down from the room and we went straight back up.

Had a drink at Ambar - free drinks for the ladies that night and no issue.

Previously walked in late one night with 2 girls and walked straight to the room as well.

Unfortunately I was too drunk that night to perform and too hung over the next morning too  :(

And just remembered taking another girl back multiple times one week with no issue either.

I am not a fan of Hooters so never drop in there but the Drunken Leprechaun I do like to sit and have a Magners pear cider (when they have it) and the half roast chicken and mash.

Edited by mrfreeze

First time BA viewer, first post. Will be in Bangkok in next couple of weeks (solo) and from these reviews i think I'll book Four Points. Am long time SPG member so all should be good. Looking forward to some fun nights at Dr BJ's. Thanks for your help fella's

First time BA viewer, first post. Will be in Bangkok in next couple of weeks (solo) and from these reviews i think I'll book Four Points. Am long time SPG member so all should be good. Looking forward to some fun nights at Dr BJ's. Thanks for your help fella's

As an SPG member you know about the SPG Hot Escapes website and also the current double / triple points promo ?

Four Points is currently on the Hot Escapes deal for bookings by Saturday midnight and stays within the next 6 weeks.

Also in my opinion there are better places than Dr BJ's in the area and also cheaper.

Have a read of the this thread http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/3819-best-bj-bar-in-bangkok/

Edited by mrfreeze

Cheers mrfreeze, really appreciate your input and will take your advice. I have been a regular on Punter Planet in Aus for quite some time but haven't punted or posted due to external commitments for a little while. Was looking at Dr BJ's starting from  the threads on PP and then Dr BJ's own website but have read a few of your posts and bow to your knowledge.