Review - Grand President Soi 11

Stayed at this place from 26th to 30th May. For the past 20 years, always have been staying here whenever I am in Bangkok and always rated it very highly.

Sadly, on this occasion it was anything but 5 Star. The place is in need of serious refurbishment, especially the rooms. The Wifi can range from non existence to max of 1Mb. Staff are friendly enough and breakfast is good. The only positives going for this place are that it's guest-friendly and the location is perfect for the Sukhumvit experience.

Would I stay again - it would really depend on the prices. If you can get a good package deal then probably yes.

It is a busy hotel so you will see herds checking in and out throughout the day.

Hope this helps others.

Off topic but what's the noise level like at hotels on soi 11? Was looking at Grand Swiss but want to find out if I'll have trouble sleeping there with noise from the soi, clubs ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @lev123 - Will try next time.

@kopite - My room was on 6th floor, facing the pool so noise was not an issue. I suppose,the higher the floor the quieter it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually there the same time the original poster was there, May 23rd - June 3rd. This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel, I booked a Jr. Suite (Tower 2) as I did the 1st time. The Jr. Suite was nice and spacious with a King size bed. What I learned from my 1st stay here is, if you're in Tower 2 do not stay on the side of the Tower that is facing the Ambassador Hotel. They have this bird exhibit/zoo of some sort, the birds can be really noisy during the day (more so in the morning). This recent trip I asked for a room facing the BKK skyline (Facing Soi 11). Great view (14th Floor) when you're with your special someone doing the deed (if you know what i mean).  The breakfast was decent, the gym is not bad as well and I had no Issue with Wifi. Also, forgot to mention...they are doing some sort of renovation at the entrance of Tower 2. So there are some construction workers going in and out, just an fyi.

In conclusion, I'd stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat... It's in the middle of all the main mongering attractions (Nana/Cowboy) and Clubs (Climax/Levels).

Edited by impact325