Grand Centre Point or The Continent Hotel

I'm trying to decide between the Grande Centre Point and The Continent Hotel.  Both are right by Terminal 21 and both are the same price for my travel dates.  But the Continent Hotel rate includes breakfast.  Would you stick with the Grande Centre Point or is the included breakfast enough to tip the scales in favor of the Continent?

I have stayed at both. Grande Centre Point has a great pool area. However, the rooms are poorly decorated and feels like dorm rooms. The beds are also not very good, and so flimsy that they move around during action. Service is poor for a hotel in this price range. Also note that the Grande Centre Point for some reason does not serve alcohol anywhere.

The Continent is great, and is one of my favorite hotels close to SC. But the past year they have raised their rates significantly and now I usually get a better deal somewhere else. The rooms have a good decor that gives a relaxing atmosphere, and floor-to-ceiling windows is nice. Quality beds. Make sure you ask for a non-connecting room. Good breakfast with a selection as expected at a more upscale hotel, and great view from the restaurant - also with floor-to-ceiling windows. Pool area is small and not all that.

If you like a nice room, go with the Continent. If the room is only for sleeping and you like to hang out by the pool (without ordering a beer), stay at Grande Centre Point.

Edited by Hermansen

• 7 months later...

I'm thinking of staying at the Continent next time, or somewhere similar in the same area. The main reason I haven't stayed in this area before is that I've assumed it would be noisy and therefore not easy to sleep. I'm a very light sleeper, so I try and choose a quiet hotel. Can anyone recommend a good hotel around the Soi Cowboy area that has excellent sound proofing from the noise outside?

• 2 weeks later...