ICheckinn Sukhumvit Soi 2

t-398412152.jpg t-398412148.jpg t-398412144.jpg t-398412266.jpg t-398412142.jpg t-398412156.jpg t-398412157.jpg

I have stayed here many times in the past few years when it was Marco, Monaco and now iCheck Inn Ploenchit Hotel. 

Booked on Agoda for 900-1300 baht/night tax incl depending on season and room size.  

Best option for what you get for the price! 

Great location, just 8 minutes walk down the quiet Soi 2 from Sukhumvit Rd, and about 12 minutes from either Ploenchit or Nana BTS stations.

Room on my pictures is a standard Aircon Deluxe, small but well appointed with a Kitchenette and Balcony. 

Some bigger rooms don't have a Kitchenette though!

Pictures was taken a few years ago when it was still called Monaco Hotel.

Pros: Comfy big bed, Free Wireless Internet, Samsung LCD TV with DVD/CD player, Comfy TV Lounge-chair, Kitchenette with Microwave, Big Fridge with Mini Bar, Watercooker and Cuttlery, Balcony, Wireless telephone for in and outcalls, Bathroom with Shower over Bath-tub, Hairdryer and free Toiletres, Big closet with inroom safe.

It's only 7 minutes walking to the worldfamous nightlife of Nana Plaza via a shortcut through the parkinglot of Rajah Hotel, and from there another 15 minutes brisk walk to Soi Cowboy.

Lots of restaurants and shopping around Sukhumvit Rd, including Villa Supermarket at the beginning of the Soi in Ploenchit Center, even MCDonalds, Burger King and Carls Jr if you get tired of Thai food opposite Sukhumvit Rd.

It's girlfriendly and they'll keep your guests ID until she leaves, do notice though that this is not a monger hotel, most guests are couples or families, many Indians stay here but still ususally very quiet at night. Non smoking hotel, but if your room has a balcony you can use that for smoking.

Cons: Small Deluxe rooms can get cramped for two people.

TV mostly News and Sports Channels, no Music or Nature/Science/Animal Channels.

I prefer walk-in Rainshower to Bath-tub.

Balcony limited space, blocked by Aircon unit.

Low lighting at mirrors.

No inroom foodservice, has to be delivered from outside hotel. 

During the heat of the day the walk from Sukhumvit Rd down to the hotel can be quite hot, but they have a Free TukTuk service you can use 24 hours.

No swimmingpool or Gym.

It's more like a serviced apartment, with a small reception area, but staff are friendly and useful.

Other features: Breakfast Restaurant on 2 Floor, open 07:00-10:30 and a 9th Floor outdoors Lounge.

Elevator to all floors. and parking area under hotel.

I had a great stay here and will be back again for sure!

Great value for money!

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

Stayed here 2 months ago, good value for money with reasonably big rooms, also has a nice communal chill out lounge and pool table.  

Pleasant staff but full of complaining Indian customers, I didn't notice any other farangs when I was there.  

Long walk to Sukhumvit road if you have a short TG with you!  

• 7 months later...