Anyone know where "Blade Runner" alley is located?

Kind of a silly question, but I randomly stumbled upon a video of an alley that runs between soi 5 and soi 7 known as "Blade Runner" alley. It seems to have a few noodle bars/pool places etc. Problem is that it's apparently notoriously hard to find. Just curious if anyone has heard of this or knows exactly where to find it. It's my favorite film so I can't go to BKK and not see it heh.

Here are the videos:

Thanks,

Sulla

It's actually very easy to find.  It is right before you get to the Beer Garden on soi 7(same side as the beer garden).  I heard they were going to be redoing it, but not sure how true that is.  I rarely ever go through there anymore.

It's actually very easy to find.  It is right before you get to the Beer Garden on soi 7(same side as the beer garden).  I heard they were going to be redoing it, but not sure how true that is.  I rarely ever go through there anymore.

yep, easy to find of both sois. Used to go down there many years ago to the tunnel bar/club (i think it was called that, on the left hand side walking from soi 5).....it was of the only late night spots back in 2004 0r 2005 when the bars closed at 1 am for while.

Thank you! I'm sure I'll find it now.

It was to be torn down and renovated when I was there last month. I just read somewhere that it was already in the process now  so check first or ask some one near Beergarden soi 7 or on Soi 5, the kebab guys outside Foodland as well as opposite. Its Nickname is / was Blade Runner Alley. Its also one of the 2 entrances to the well known Check Inn LadyBoy Bar. Don't mistake Checkinn99 bar to this bar. Checkinn99 is on the main Sukhumvit Road

Cheers,

Jay

It was to be torn down and renovated when I was there last month. I just read somewhere that it was already in the process now  so check first or ask some one near Beergarden soi 7 or on Soi 5, the kebab guys outside Foodland as well as opposite. Its Nickname is / was Blade Runner Alley. Its also one of the 2 entrances to the well known Check Inn LadyBoy Bar. Don't mistake Checkinn99 bar to this bar. Checkinn99 is on the main Sukhumvit Road

Cheers,

Jay

Well damn, guess I missed it then. By the time I get there (next year) it won't be the same. Not saying it will be worse, sounds like they're making it better. Just wanted to experience the old Blade Runner Alley. Oh well.

• 4 months later...

agree with posts above it was a rat infested shit alley but it had its own character. Getting sanitized like everything else in bangkok. Replaced with new expensive condo. Im feeling old and wishing i had seen bangkok 15-20 years ago. 

Bangkok seems so quiet and dead compared to say 2 years ago. So many of the markets are gone now and places to eat and places to people watch.

• Upvote 1