taxis in Bangkok

Montien

• 3 months later...

If you do go with the taxi get the phone number of the hotel the driver can call them and get directions. If you go to the taxi stand they can help also but their english is a little limited as well. If it is on a soi off of Sukumvit you will be fine.

• 7 months later...

I normally take the train but 7am if i don't get the express the city line is packed with Thai's on their way to work,not fun for me after a 12 hour flight,

Decide on fast track meet and greet 500 baht,don't fancy chancing the immigration chaos Limo to Sukhumvit 950 baht.

I just take the taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Sukhumvit area for 350 baht all in that includes the 50 baht airport tax on top. I can't be bothered with possible dodgy taxis or nightmare experiences I have heard from several. Best to be safe and wait in a short line and get a proper taxi if you don't care about a buck and half.

Personally I liked the old Aircon buses that went straight from Gate 7-8 to Sukhumvit Rd, but it seems they have now scrapped these in favor of the trains!:(

Problem is the train doesn't go to Sukhumvit, you can take the express to Phaya Tai (90 baht) you have to change to a Skytrain to go back to Suk and if you have a lot of luggage it will be a lot of hassle because there are usually only standing room nowadays!

The other express line goes to Makkasan from there you can take the Subway to Asoke, but still a lot of hassle.

You can also take the free airport shuttle to the busterminal and from there take a city bus, if you are on a really tight budget.;)

But for most travelers with a lot of luggage the taxis seems to be the best bet!

Paid 350 to Sukhumvit last time.

Plahgat

• 2 years later...