Question regarding the public transport

No, BTS and MRT are two different company. A BTS day pass cost 130 THB when I was in Bangkok two months ago. I heard you could buy something called "rabbie card" which could use in both MRT and BTS but I have never brought one before.

It's been six months since I've been in Bkk but as I remember, the Rabbit card is only good for the BTS. In my opinion, it's a good idea. Day passes are too expensive and having exact change to buy individual tokens is a major hassle. If you are planning to be there for more than a few days, I recommend buying a rabbit card. As I return at least once a year, I keep the card and bring it back to use the next time.

You can buy the equivalent for the MRT but you will likely use it less.

It's been six months since I've been in Bkk but as I remember, the Rabbit card is only good for the BTS. In my opinion, it's a good idea. Day passes are too expensive and having exact change to buy individual tokens is a major hassle. If you are planning to be there for more than a few days, I recommend buying a rabbit card. As I return at least once a year, I keep the card and bring it back to use the next time.

You can buy the equivalent for the MRT but you will likely use it less.

Thanks for the info house516. I'm in BKK for 3 nights and will be using the BTS and MRT to get around. You're right, buying individual tickets are a hassle but will probably buy day passes. 

Thanks for the info house516. I'm in BKK for 3 nights and will be using the BTS and MRT to get around. You're right, buying individual tickets are a hassle but will probably buy day passes. 

If you're there for 3 nights,Just get the rabbit pass.It will work out cheaper than buying 3 day passes,and you'll have for future use when you come back to BKK in the future!