Baan Khanitha

Located at;

36/1 Sukhumvit 23 Soi Prasan.

Telephone; 022584128

Open 11am - 2pm & 6pm -11pm

Reservation advised.

This restaurant is classic Thai food, located in a converted private house it is not the place to take your latest conquest from Nana. She would curl up and die if you took her here. However if you want excellent service, coupled with superb Thai food then this may be the place to go with someone special.

It is not the cheapest but it is value for what you receive. The food was nothing short of superb and the service impeccable. My lady loved it.

No pictures as I did not have a camera with me, we found it by recommendation from the concierge at the Dream Hotel.

We had; 2 x Remy + 2 x Beers, plus a total of 4 main dishes + wild/whole grain rice. followed by 2 Thai Sweets. The total cost was 2,100 baht and it was without doubt the best Thai food I have eaten in years.

All the staff were males, all of whom spoke English, were personable and charming. A totally pleasant experience during which we were able to concentrate on each other and enjoy superb food in a manner that meant everything went on around us without it once being intrusive.

A varied group of patrons all of whom keep their conversations at a level that did not intrude on others about them.

All that I thought Bussaracum would be but was not!!!!!!

You can find it HERE They have two places but I prefer the original at the above address

Located at;

36/1 Sukhumvit 23 Soi Prasan.

Telephone; 022584128

Open 11am - 2pm & 6pm -11pm

Reservation advised.

This restaurant is classic Thai food, located in a converted private house it is not the place to take your latest conquest from Nana. She would curl up and die if you took her here. However if you want excellent service, coupled with superb Thai food then this may be the place to go with someone special.

It is not the cheapest but it is value for what you receive. The food was nothing short of superb and the service impeccable. My lady loved it.

No pictures as I did not have a camera with me, we found it by recommendation from the concierge at the Dream Hotel.

We had; 2 x Remy + 2 x Beers, plus a total of 4 main dishes + wild/whole grain rice. followed by 2 Thai Sweets. The total cost was 2,100 baht and it was without doubt the best Thai food I have eaten in years.

All the staff were males, all of whom spoke English, were personable and charming. A totally pleasant experience during which we were able to concentrate on each other and enjoy superb food in a manner that meant everything went on around us without it once being intrusive.

A varied group of patrons all of whom keep their conversations at a level that did not intrude on others about them.

All that I thought Bussaracum would be but was not!!!!!!

You can find it HERE They have two places but I prefer the original at the above address

Excellent restaurant. I go there often. I have taken many Thai friends there as well, and to the person, they all thought the food was excellent. Love their soft shell crab in yellow curry (puu nim pad pong kuree)and for those of you who do not like the way Thai's serve fish, i.e., whole and you watch out for the bones, at Baan Kanitha, they debone the fish but in the presentation, serve it as if there were a whole fish there (but without bones). Anyway, people's taste differ, but totally agree with OP, excellent food, nice atmosphere, and IMHO also, much better than Bussacarum. They do have another location, but I have never tried it, only the Soi 23 location.

Thanks, I will add that to my list. There are so many restaurants in this it can be tough choosing where to go and which new place to try. I can never finish my list of places because I keep adding new ones. I guess it's not something I can complain about.

I can help you out with some pics, although I didn't get pics of everything. Can agree the food and service are both excellent. Only bad part about the place is the location. It's a long way off of Sukhumvit, and with BKK traffic the way it is, it can take forever to get there by taxi. Definitely too far to walk from Suk if you're taking the BTS.

DSC05604.jpg

DSC05605.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

Disagree on the distance. I have walked back to Soi Cowboy from Baan Kanitha many, many times after a large meal, and it is only about 15 minutes. you are about 5 minutes from the small shopping center that has the Chok Chai steak house, and from there about 10 minutes to SC. On the down side, the sidewalk meanders and there is often sidewalk construction, so you have to watch your step. However, if you are going out in dress clothes or with business associates or on a "date", I do not recommend the walk. Getting there can be a hassle from lower Suk. or upper Suk, because either you go through the Asoke intersection or come back down and have to go through the Soi 24/Emporium/Soi 22 fiasco., so a lot of time wasted there. If you go there, and simply want a taxi to return home, the restaurant has people (similar to bellhops) to go get you a taxi and tell you when its ready, so don't worry about the return trip.

By the way, nice pictures, making me starve.

Edited by khagai

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow.

All those condiments.

All those colors.

I love Thai food, and I'm lucky since I'm in LA, CA which is the largest Thai community in LA. GOod Thai food here no doubt but I want the real shit!!!

And end up paying 2 dollars for it at most!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree, this retaurant is one of the best in the area of Asoke, not to far from Soi Cowboy and good value for money if your looking for a classy/romantic place that serves good quality thai food.

If i remember correctly, i took the exact same dishes as show on your pics!