Hotel areas in Bangkok AWAY from p2p bar scene

Dear all - thanks for your time reading this post and many thanks in advance for sharing information

If you have a minute to spare, I'd like to pick your brain on suggestions for best locations in Bangkok (if possible Pattaya as well) that's suitable for a family to stay which are well away from the mainstream girlie / lb bar scene possbly reasonably closer to the town as well.

I've travelled extensively in Thailand a decade back as a whorist hence I'm blind on anything not related to beer, bar and babes! I gather the town has changed a lot in good way with plenty of bars all over :-)

My friend and family is visiting visit Pattaya, Bangkok and a few other places, they prefer to have accommodation possibly away from bar girls scene.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

In Bangkok there are lots of hotels down by the river. It is very nice area to stay and gives easy access via the river to sights like the Grand Palace and Wat Arun etc.

In Pattaya you need to stay outside of Pattaya to avoid the girly scene. I have stayed at the Sheraton Pattaya it is just outside of the town itself and is excellent.

in BKK, any of the fancy hotels by the River...Oriental, Peninsula, etc.

Other options by Lumpini include:  Sukothai, Banyan Tree and Metropolitan - all nice

Pattaya - -why on earth would you go there with your family?  If you want beaches, go to Samui, Phuket or even Ko Chang.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on what part of the city you want to be in and what you want to be close to.  Riverside has some beautiful hotels with plenty of nightlife, shopping and restaurants nearby.  If you want to be close to everything Sukhumvit has to offer but want to get away from the Sex Tourists check out any of the hotels after Asoke.  One of my favorite Soi's to say in is 20/22.  They are extremely close to Asoke and BTS, and actually very close to Cowboy, but they are quiet Sois with hardly any bars or clubs.