Place to stay in Nana

Hi

I'm going to Thailand with my wife next year and we will be staying 2 nights in Bangkok (Nana)

I want somewhere cheap to stay.  We need a tv, fridge, ac and not a problem leaving our stuff in the room.

Somewhere that if we should decide to bring an extra "guest" the place wouldn't have a problem with that.

A place in or near Nana.

Any tips?

Hi Mate 

If you are staying in Nana area there are are tonnes  of places depends on your budget and how far you want to be from the entertainment, not to be rude but sounds like you are an modern couple , if that is how they say it , any way my recommendation for the place to say would be the Lohas suites has what you require,

The hotel splits on to both soi 2 arrivals , and soi 4 fun town, basically they have a entry right on to soi 4 if you decide to bring a extra guest no one really sees you , there is a guy that i sometimes see at the front door not often though.

There is a sentry on the soi 4 walk way but he just gets up and salutes you , it is a decent hotel anyway good gym pool and good rooms.

Think they are charging 3000 bht + now but a good option.  

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether to go with a suite vs a regular hotel. I would think that the suites would be more comfortable. I'm looking closely at Phachara suites or Boss suites vs President Palace.

Phachara and boss are regular hotels in reality, my mate used to live in PS for a year when it first remodelled and opened in the new format, so there are some long term rental people in there still i believe, it is good option as many have written about it i have been there about 4 times ,there does not really seem any atmosphere to the place, as for boss they have some suite rooms on the very top floor, they are ok we booked about 3/4 of them one NYE when we came up with a group of mates, they are ok only have small sitting room with a TV, not really worth spending the extra.

If you want a suite look at soi 10  centre point ,also Omni towers on soi 4 , bit run down but ok , clean ,and the added interest of the Uzbek i and east European Brass that live there in there,(have seen a few growlers live in Omni but also one or two nice ones) not for me though,  also a good one i have used was the Rembrandt service towers,(DONT GET MIXED UP WITH HOTEL THEY ARE NOT TO GIRL FRIENDLY) i have had a one bedroom in here is was great , big comfortable .but slightly out of the way soi 20 , but can get for soi 18 to it.

As for the PP this is a normal hotel , i have stayed here a lot my kids love the place, the room we have is on the on suit ,biggish, but for a single fella not really worth the extra money, ok you get to use the lounge , but this is only good at breakfast as the Man Unt bar is the breakfast room is bedlam in the mornings..still a good hotel though and not far form climax and Aloft clubs .

Hi

I'm going to Thailand with my wife next year and we will be staying 2 nights in Bangkok (Nana)

I want somewhere cheap to stay.  We need a tv, fridge, ac and not a problem leaving our stuff in the room.

Somewhere that if we should decide to bring an extra "guest" the place wouldn't have a problem with that.

A place in or near Nana.

Any tips?

I like Dynasty Inn on Soi 4. It is at ground zero for Nana with NEP a few steps away. Rooms are 1,800 baht and incude fridge, security safe that fits a laptop too. They take the girls ID at the front dest and phone you when she is leaving before they give it back to her to make sure all is well. Bo extra charge for guests either. Good hunting.

I was curious, is it better to book online through maybe expedia or orbitz or call the hotel directly? Any thoughts?

I booked Dynasty online. Scanned them a credit card # on an application. That way you have a room when you get there. I took one night only then just extended when I get there. Sometimes you just don't like the place and if you have already prepaid, it is hard to get their attention.

• 2 weeks later...