Patpong Revisited

You're allowed as a farrang in some of the places on Soi Thanya, you just ask. Went there with a friend last year, and we were allowed into about one out of six entrances in average. Each entrance again has quite a few clubs / karaoke bars over several floors (6?), and I got the impression that when you first was in you could enter all of them.

Did see some really beautiful poyjings in there, but didn't quite catch how it worked. In each place we entered all the girls were summoned for a line up so that we could pick one or more to drink with.... Drinks very expensive, seem to remember paying 600 baht for an Japanese beer in one of the places

Thanks for a great report,havn't been for years.I remember some of the downstairs bars now have entertainment/cabaret acts etc.Arriving in may with a newbie and I want to break him in gently,can u give me some pointers where these places are.thanks

Must admit I hadn't been to Patpong for years, I'd got so fed up with the upstaires rip off's the toutes there and overpriced massages that I'd stopped going, only last month I just happened to go there and was really surprised I visited a few Gogo's and really had a great time, I remembered going in this Gogo years ago and was still great. it had a live band and was at the beginning of either Patpong 1 or 2.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, japanese like to keep to there own. They are not from a melting pot country like most farang. It makes them uncomfortable.Ive been out with a japanese american friend and i can say you're not missing out on much. Hostess style nightlife is not to my taste. If you want a taste of something different, go out to the Thai nightclubs on Suitisan. You'll be welcome, best to take a mate.

• 6 months later...