Will taxis drive down Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 ?

I'm thinking of staying in a hotel down the end of Soi 7/1 Sukhumvit (Maxims Inn). I've never been before but seen a few videos and it looks like a narrow lane and I didn't notice any cars going up or down it. If I get a taxi from the airport, will it take me all the way down the Soi ?

A couple of years ago I stayed at World Inn on the same Soi.The taxi driver was unable to go down that soi due to the vendors and stalls which were set up on Sukhumvit.

It didn't matter as it was just a short walk down to the hotel.

Just hop out and walk....No biggie

Edited by ianjamesmax

Do these taxis they get use the meter or do they try to get you to do a flat rate?

Personally, if I were to stay in a hotel in that area, I'd stay on soi 8.  It's a much nicer soi in my opinion.

Do these taxis they get use the meter or do they try to get you to do a flat rate?

Personally, if I were to stay in a hotel in that area, I'd stay on soi 8.  It's a much nicer soi in my opinion.

I would presume meter i have never stayed in a hotel in ths soi only drink beer and catch up with few freinds.

Never botherd to look to see if driver sets the meter just seen plenty of taxis coming up the soi dropping off  and picking up.

I will be more observant  next time but would think if a flat rate they would phone a taxi driver and not walk down the end a hail a taxi.

I think there are a lot of side stalls in this Soi  that could make it difficult for a taxi to drive down. Most drivers will try but if the road is blocked there is little the taxi driver can do.