Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok or upscale hotel around Cowboy

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Sukhumvi Bangkok? I think it's around the intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke. Is it girl friendly? Looking for an upscale hotel in the area. I have stayed at Centre Grande Suites before. Any input for the area would be helpful. Thanks

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Sukhumvi Bangkok?

Me! ... it's a nice hotel on Soi 24 near Emporium Shopping Mall. It's just a 3 minutes walk to BTS Phrom Phong and 2 minutes walk to Mango Massage, EZ Massage and others.

Yes, it's girl friendly, they even didn't ask for the ID of my temporary companion. It definately fits all criterias of an upscale hotel, but they make you pay for this. If you are a Hilton HHonors Elite Member they will treat you nicely and you will get upgraded at least one (sometimes 2) level above your booked room.

Sofitel is in the general area and cannot be beat, in my opinion, as far as upscale goes....

LOL ... Sofitel Sukhumvit isn't even the best/the most upscale hotel of Accor group in Bangkok, Sofitel So is imho way better. But both Hilton Sukhumvit and Sofitel Sukhumvit are very nice hotels, you can't go wrong with either.

• 1 month later...

I can highly recommend the S Sukhumvit Suites.  Right next to Asok station and just around the corner from Cowboy.  Rooms are a bit small, but very, very nice and new, well furnished.  Friendly staff, good restaurant and guest friendly (they do take their ID for security, which I like).

LOL ... Sofitel Sukhumvit isn't even the best/the most upscale hotel of Accor group in Bangkok, Sofitel So is imho way better. But both Hilton Sukhumvit and Sofitel Sukhumvit are very nice hotels, you can't go wrong with either.

What are you a hotel snob?

The Hilton is good, but it wasn't much better than the Doubletree next door and it cost me a lot more points. The pool was disappointing to say the least. I thought the Sofitel was awesome, but I am Accor Plat and got upgraded. Suk Suites is good, but no pool or gym. The Centrepoint T21 and Grande Millenium are both excellent and can be had for around 3000 (ai). Nothing great about the Westin, Fourpoints, Raddisson, or Park Plaza. There's a new Carlson Blue going in around Suk 25 that I'm going to take a look at. Spare no expense & close to SC - the Sheraton, no doubt

The Hilton is good, but it wasn't much better than the Doubletree next door and it cost me a lot more points.

Hm, I already stayed a couple of times at DoubleTree and while I agree that the DoubleTree is the better value than the Hilton it's definately not the better hotel. The rooms are very small (except the Deluxe Suite) und you can hear everything what happens on the floor or in the room next door. Plus it's highly frequented by chinese tour group so all facilities including the restaurant for breakfast are crowded with them.

Anyway I have a booking for my next stay in june at the DoubleTree (and at Sofitel Sukhumvit as well). You can't beat the Deluxe Suite for less than 34k points ;)

Edited by Zauberfee

Best hotel is Grand Sukhumvit Hotel. I stayed there many times on business well before I ever went to Thailand to Monger and the bar on the bottom floor has the best looking freelancers in all of Bangkok. Are they crazy yes! but fucking hot too. also elvevator goes from cocktail bar and skips reception straight to room. expect to pay over $200USD per night.

• Upvote 1