Phachara Suites vs. Grand Sukhumvit hotel

I am looking at those 2 hotels for a 3 day stay in October. The prices are basically the same (give or take 100 baht).

I have done some research and both look very good. My main concerns are the swimming pools and fitness centers. Which hotel is better? I prefer free weights. Also can anyone confirm they are guest friendly?

Phachara Suites are GF, I never got to the pool or gym. I stayed there about a year ago and enjoyed it. The buffet breakfast was pretty basic, I've had a lot better.

The day I find a good breakfast buffet in Thailand, I will celebrate. I usually sleep too late for breakfast anyway :)

Thanks for your input.

Phachara Suites , the rooms are class, also good f you get a get a deal on one of the booking sites , alsways found there own site to be exspensive, Grand Suk it was showing signs of aging but this was only from some fella i was gassing to in a bar, 

But the Grand Dyasty over the road from PS is also a good option gym is very good ,and they have a good pool, there updated  rooms are in good order, have stayed here many times and never had a problem with bringing back a friend (never had two together so cant comment here).

Edited by ANDY2463

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stayed in Phachara suites for couple of days in december, great location, Close to nana but street still not so busy, breakfast was not the best, pool was ok but to few sunchairs.

Room was large and nice  but you could feel someone been smoking in it, would have changed it if i stayed longer.

• 1 month later...

I usually stay at Phachara Suites. Never used the pool or the fitness room, so shouldn't comment on them, but the pool did look ok when I walked around it for a look.

Be aware though that they will hit you with an extra 1000 Bath for your 2nd guest of the night, and another for the 3rd and so on. Whether it is two girls for a 3some, or just one girl you come back with several times, they will do this. Bit of a downer, but I still like the place.

Tor

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I confirm the 1000 baht thing, and I confirm they don't always do it. If the "security" guy isn't sitting at his desk when you walk in, no charge (but also, no taking of ID unless you request it).

Stayed Prachara a few weeks back with a mate.  On the front desk they have a sign that says no charge for first joiner, but charge 1000 for each additional joiner in 24 hour period.

I didn't play with any girls but my mate brought back two girls a day for two days, he signed the document they give him re responsibility for damage and ID cards for girls (they had to provide these) were taken.

On checkout he was expecting to pay 2000 baht for two extra joiners but was not charged.  

Prachara was great, Exec studio rooms big, great location for gogo bars.  Only complaint is a very slow lift especially if you are staying on high floors.

• Upvote 1