Heaven@4

Mr Muldoon

I have stayed there about three times i think, first time was good booked one of the Junior Suite rooms, bit bigger and had a corner ,side soft settee type thing , ok for extra games .rooms have the new type of glass shower unit ,so make sure u pull the blind down when takinga dump ,or may be not ??

The water was a nightmare , could never get it hot when i was there.Last time i had a superior small and smelly due to the damp , showing were and ter now ,it is a cheap enough option, but i found it hard to relax there On the night i was not on the beer,could not settle down had to go out again.

I also had a problem with my credit card here, the bank would not exept the hotel, so had to pay in cash,i only stoped two nights then moved to Grand Dynasty.

They have a nice little bar just in front foya i had a beer whilst witing for the las to get ready there , friendly enough hotel run by an Indian family, think they have a few on soi 4 now..

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Deluxe room booked for 7 nights from 17th Apr.

I haven't paid for it yet.  

I got one of those Agoda deals, cheap rate about $52 US/night, book now, pay later.

I'll keep my eye out for any better deals near Soi 4  before I pay for it on Apr 9.

I had one of those rooms with the full length glass looking into the bathroom when I was at the Mecure resort on Koh Chang.

My 'shy' TG would always pull down the blind before showering, let alone using the toilet 5555.

Edited by Muldoon

There is a thread on the hotel somewhere if you do a search.

I have stayed a few times (not for at least ayear though) and no real complaints about the place, good location.

Only downside is there is no pool, I eventually started to use the Dawin which is a little further up the road with a pool.

Cheers

I have stayed there on three different times and for the most part enjoyed it. One trip there was construction next door and the jackhammer at 7:00am was not appreciated. There is a thread on it in the hotel sections with a few pics. I have stayed in the superior and executive suite but not the deluxe. I had a deluxe booked the last trip but got in very late and they had given my room away so I got upgraded to the executive suite( I would have never paid the extra for it but it was nice). The deluxe rooms do have a balcony or some do but I think the rooms are to the back of the hotel and the balcony is enclosed. The last time I stayed was in 2012 and a lot can happen in that amount of time so not sure what it is like these days. I have pics of a couple of the rooms I stayed in if you are interested in seeing them I would post them up here.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I did find the earlier thread.  Thanks for that Scuttler.

I think, after reading all the pros and cons, that  I will keep my booking with Heaven@4.  

Unless I find a better deal. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at Heaven@4 twice. Both were for reviews so just one night each time.

It is a great place if you like "boutique" style. It is also very close to Nana Plaza.

I found it nice and good value but I am not a fan of boutique style. I think better hotels in the locality are The Dawin and, especially, Aspen Suites which I just discovered and which is awesome in terms of quality, size and price.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Just back from a 3 nights stay at Heaven@4, and here is my review that I put up on Agoda.com.

I stayed 3 nights in a Superior room at Heaven@4 Boutique Hotel 5th floor with window view facing the street.

Nice and clean room with King size bed and big bathroom with walk in rainshower.

Flatscreen TV with many cable channels, and a DVD player.

Small minibar with 2 free bottles of drinking water daily.

Water heater for instant coffee and tea making.

Cupboard with small safe and bathrobes and slippers.

Hairdryer and usual toilet accessories.

Lights and AC controlled by touch controls.

No cockroaches or mosquitos in room.

Friendly reception and staff.

I didn't try the free breakfast, because I always eat out.

There is an elevator.

Great location on Soi 4 for nightlife and bars, only 5 minutes walk to Nana Plaza and 10 minutes to Nana BTS station.

Some cons were: front facing room noisy from 20:00-02:00 because of live music and karaoke singing from a bar opposite.

Matress was pretty firm that I like, and pillows soft, but that might not suit everyones taste.

Lighting in room a bit weak at night.

No balcony, but my room did have windows that opened and a street view.

There are also no Gym or Swimming pool, and the only restaurant I saw was a couple of sofas and tables just outside the entrance, were breakfast was served.

Biggest problem for me was room had probably been sprayed with some antiseptic/insect pesticide/antitobacco or maybe floor cleaning detergent with a strong smell, that gave me an allergic reaction with head ache and a stuffy running nose! 

Something I have experienced in many hotels though.

I usually tell the cleaner to not use any sprays in my room during my stay, and although no spray was used on second and third day, the smell still lingered on!

I noticed there were no cockroaches at all in my room, so might be some hidden insecticide bait that emits the smell, not sure?

Anyway most hotels do use some chemical sprays in the rooms and most people are not affected by it, so you might be fine staying here!

I payed appr. 1100 baht/night on Agoda, including 7% VAT and 10% tax

Conclusion:

Because of the smell I would never stay here again, but others might not have a problem with it!

They do have plenty of other rooms without windows for those who like it more quiet.

Staff very friendly and location was great!

Plahgat

A few pictures of my room:

Heaven@4 1.JPG

Heaven@4 2.JPG

Heaven@4 4.JPG

Heaven@4 5.JPG

Heaven@4 3.JPG