Bangkok protests

Hi,

I am planning on walking around Soi4 to Soi 11 during the day and night. Are these protest free areas? Are all the bars and clubs open as normal?

It's free of protests and you'll have no problems walking around there.  Yes, the bars and clubs are open.

As you walk out of the Landmark, look right and you'll see the Nana BTS station.  Take it going towards Mo Chit and get off at Siam station.  Switch trains at that station and get on the one going to National Stadium.  This will drop you off by MBK.  You can walk into MBK without having to go down to the street.

Hi guys

I've been reading the posts on this feed and so far the information has been very helpful. I was wondering if you were able to give me some more info.

Me and my girlfriend arrive in Bangkok early morning on Sunday. Out initial plan was to stay only for 3 nights to see bits of the city and mainly to sort our Vietnamese visas. We were going to stay in the Khao San but figured that staying nearer to the embassy in Wireless Road may be better..that's in Sukhumvit right? Or nearby? Just double checking my map skills. We haven't sorted any accommodation yet just in case the situation gets worse in the city but would ideally like to stay in a cheap place near-ish the embassy, guesthouses or hostels as we are budgeting. I know there are places around the area, but how accessible are they? Are the protest sites making it difficult to get around?

On another note, if we are able to see at least a bit of the city, I assume the best option is the sky train and metro? Are authorities implementing "protection schemes" to help the tourism factors? In order to go South we would like to take a train to Chumphon..is the train station easily accessible using the metro or Skytrain?

This is our first time in Thailand and therefore Bangkok. Just wondering if things would be particularly difficult for us. I understand that things can change rapidly and will be checking this feed very regularly. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!! :)

Xeno