Pharmacies

Ranger

Don't know but the (larger) pharmacy next to Bully's pub near the corner of Suk and Soi 4 has a large amount of stock and worth asking.

The "z" class of drug is harder to get in Thailand though and the best you may be able to get is Valium or Xanax (if your lucky).

As with most pharmacies, always worth asking for the type of med (Eszopiclone) as it may not be branded in Thailand as Lunesta.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Don't know but the (larger) pharmacy next to Bully's pub near the corner of Suk and Soi 4 has a large amount of stock and worth asking.

The "z" class of drug is harder to get in Thailand though and the best you may be able to get is Valium or Xanax (if your lucky).

As with most pharmacies, always worth asking for the type of med (Eszopiclone) as it may not be branded in Thailand as Lunesta.

You said that Valium and Xanax are obtainable, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Ran in to a couple of fakes only.

Wish I knew where to get Xanax. Actually have a prescription from the doc in US, but I am too lazy to go to the hospital for a Thai prescription. Great for anxiety and insomnia.

You said that Valium and Xanax are obtainable, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Ran in to a couple of fakes only.

That was back in Jan. there has been a crackdown on Xanax of late and it seems a lot harder to get. Last time the guy in the pharmacy looked me up and down and took some time in deciding beforing selling me some. I think he remembers me.

You can get alprazolam (Xanax) from a Thai hospital without too much trouble. They don't have 1-2mg, just .5 and .25.

I tried many pharmacies around sukhumvit and even had my empty prescription bottle with me (I used to take 2mg for insomnia) but none offered it. Went to a hospital somewhere in Rangsit and the doctor gave me about 30 tabs of .5mg. Cost was very very low but I can't recall how much.

He was shocked to see I had a 2mg prescription.

I had a 3mg prescription for Lunesta but that would be real pricey without insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get alprazolam (Xanax) from a Thai hospital without too much trouble. They don't have 1-2mg, just .5 and .25.

I tried many pharmacies around sukhumvit and even had my empty prescription bottle with me (I used to take 2mg for insomnia) but none offered it. Went to a hospital somewhere in Rangsit and the doctor gave me about 30 tabs of .5mg. Cost was very very low but I can't recall how much.

He was shocked to see I had a 2mg prescription.

I had a 3mg prescription for Lunesta but that would be real pricey without insurance.

I have my empty bottle prescription with me as well. Out of curiosity where did you go inside of the hospital? Did you have to have an appointment and all that or did you roll up to the hospital pharmacy? My insomnia is getting to me... would love to have the occasional Xanax to calm my nerves.

I just played the farang card. Walked up to the front checkin counter with my empty prescription bottle and said I wanted these. They called someone over who even spoke decent English and too me they only have .25 and .5mg tabs. I said I'll take the .5 and waited less than 10 mins. Another person came back with a small bag and walked me to the cashier.

My friend brought back some sleeping pills from

Russia for me. They put me out pretty well but leave me really groggy in the morning. Xanax really is the best for my insomnia even at low dose.