Accomodation advice

Hi guys, I am new here. Apologies if I post this in the wrong place.

Traveling to BKK on stopover to Europe. Going to stay 2 nights and 2 days.

Looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel with some regular attractions, shopping, department stores etc very close by. The wife will want stuff like that..... Also ideally, a spa in-house or nearby where I can keep her amused for a couple of hours while I go and fulfill a couple of things on my bucket list (if you know what I mean. If she can have George Clooney on her list I cant see why I cant have a dozen Thai bargirls on mine...lol)).

. I dont want to stay near the streets full of pick up bars etc so she doent get into her mind that Ill be heading that way. I will be stopping over in Bangkok again on the return trip but I will be traveling solo then.:)

I would prefer to investigate those areas on my own when I come back rather than stumble over them by accident with the wife in tow.

So, any ideas which areas I would be looking at or hotels that will fit the bill?. From what I have read Patpong has a few bars tucked away would someplace down that way be ok?? That way I could dash on foot to someplace like Star of Light( thats down there somewhere I think) for a bj or two while half a dozen massage experts try to wind back the clock on the wife at the spa...lol

I haven't been to Bangkok before so looking for a little guidance.

Appreciate any recommendations to consider.

Cheers

DB

The River hotels (Oriental, Penninsula, Sheraton) are great for the wife and sightseeing, but not so great for the monger in you. A better choice, yet still not too obvious, are hotels in the Chidlom- Ratchaprasong neighborhood like the Renaisance, Grand Hyatt, 4 Seasons, Intercontinental, Conrad, and even the Kaspersky Siam Hotel adjacent to Siam Paragon (the #1 high end shopping mall in BKK). These Chidlom-Ratchaprasong-Siam hotels are all 5* and have the advantage over the river hotels of being one or two BTS stops away from the Sukumvit nightlife & daylight action for fast getaways. In fact the Hyatt and Intercontinental have good bars (Spasso and Mixx) where you can even take the wife for drinks and dancing or pickup a hi-so FL if you are solo. 

Edited by gogul
  • Upvote 1