On 8 Sukhumvit Soi 8

http://www.on8bangkok.com/

4 weeks ago I stayed for some days at the On8 hotel.

This stylish designed hotel opened just 6 months ago.

I payed 1800 BHT a day including breakfast (discount for early-bird booking).

The location is just perfect: directly located at the Nana BTS-station. Soi 11 with lots of club is just over the road. 1 Minute walk to Lolitas; 10 minutes walk to the Nana Plaza.

All rooms have a huge flatscreen TV with 85 channels. They don't charge a joiner-fee. In the lobby you can surf in the internet for free.

• 4 months later...

Entirely non smoking.

Staff was quite distracted. Had to threaten them with a bad review to get their attention. It might have just been my tone that got them focused on my issues because their English was below average.

I wasn't happy about the lack of a window, but the room was cozy and well appointed. The bathroom was incredible, but didn't have the toilet spray nozzle. Lots of TV channels. Decent soaps and accessories for the room. Better quality room safe.

Even better--during the crack down on the Red Shirts, the hotel lost electricity and the government announced a curfew, so they moved us. I guess there were about 20 of us in the hotel who were transferred to the Kingston on Soi 15. Bigger, better room. Location not as good, but since there is a curfew tonight, location is not an issue.

If not for the no smoking policy, Nana location and the understandable distraction of the staff, I'd stay again.

If location is utmost on your list, Darjelling tops On8, but the rooms are not as nice.

Edited by xilef

• 2 weeks later...

1800 baht? They don't seem to be offering that sort of price now. Cheapest room about 2230 baht?

I just checked the price on their web-site, and if you book for two nights they give a 25% discount, three or more nights they are giving a 30% discount discount. The dates I used to check the rate were in early June.

http://www.on8bangkok.com/

THB 1,609 x 3 Nights

Rate per room in Thailand Baht (THB) : More Details

THB 1,749 x 3 Nights

Rate per room in Thailand Baht (THB) : More Details

* Minimum of 3 consecutive nights stay. * Free Daily Breakfast for two persons * Free welcome drink on arrival * Free in-room Internet access * Inclusive of tax & service charge

For those who have stayed there,I think it's in the very Sukhumvit road. Do you consider its rooms noisy because of traffic?

Not noisy from the road. Noisy from the construction next door.

My floor had no rooms on the Suk Rd. side.

Travelocity had a good rate 20 days ago when I booked it.

1 Adult Save 30%+Free BFST for 2 and in-room internet

Details: 1 Room , 8 Nights ,1 Adult

Total for 1 Room: $ 311.84

Edited by xilef

Not noisy from the road. Noisy from the construction next door.

My floor had no rooms on the Suk Rd. side.

Travelocity had a good rate 20 days ago when I booked it.

1 Adult Save 30%+Free BFST for 2 and in-room internet

Details: 1 Room , 8 Nights ,1 Adult

Total for 1 Room: $ 311.84

Thanks for your response. I booked today for 3 weeks in july.