Citrus 13 (new hotel)

Hi,

I have booked into the Citrus 13 hotel for 5 nights in Oct this year.  

I got a 50% off deal for an Executive King room. 

Has anyone else tried this hotel.  

I noticed that it is now on Google street view (big orange building 2/3 up the Soi), so the Google van must have gone down Soi 13 only a few months ago.

I have confirmed that it is girl friendly which is not surprising for the area (and if they want to compete for the mongerer-dollar).

I have stayed in the other citrus location and had a great experience. May give this one a shot on my next trip

Hi Lawlerskates,

I have seen mixed reports on Agoda, mostly about room size.

The Executive King looks like one of the larger sizes so space shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, I don't plan any activities on the floor (unplanned, maybe!), and I hope to spend the rest of my time ouside of the hotel exploring Bangkok's delights.

As long as there is plenty of room in the bed and bathroom I'm pretty well satisfied.

Hopefully, the staff are friendly and helpful and it will prove to be a bargain all-round.

I have budgeted $60-90 a night accom for this trip (5 nights at Citrus 13 and and another 3-5 nights at the President Palace on Soi 11 in early Nov).

So using Agoda I have found some good rooms I would not normally rent except for the 25-50% discounts if you can book early enough ahead.

It basically means getting a superior room for standard room prices.

I have done the backpacker stuff long ago staying in a $2 a night room in Khao San Rd.

These days I like a few creature comforts and I may as well pay a little extra to get them.

I'll update this post with a review when I get back.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Well I stayed at the Citrus 13 from the 16th to the 21st of Oct. First off, when I arrived it was raining cats and dogs and soi 13 floods at its lowest point which happens to be right at Citrus 13, so for two days running, you had to either roll your trouser legs up or hire a tuk-tuk back to the steps of the hotel.

All part of the Bangkok experience and it didn't dampen my mood.

As for the hotel, well, I was in an Executive King for about $75/day and it as roomy enough, with a nice big bathroom with separate shower (waterfall and/or the usual detachable shower head) and bath.

The bed was big enough for three and the tv was a good size for the room and took a USB stick with my movies without any trouble.

Breakfast is standard western fare with some local dishes thrown in.

The staff are courteous and friendly and have no issues with "guests".

There is a roof top pool which winds it way around the elevator shaft that brings you there, and the lad on the bar was congenial and keen to please.I got him to make a Margarita with my recipe.

Overall I give an 8/10. Nobody is perfect.