Nana to Don Mueang Airport

Greetings,

I have never been to Bangkok (Pattaya addict here) so I need some help , I hate getting stinged.

I need to know

a) the meter Taxi rate to Don Mueang Airport

B) the Song Thaew / TukTuk rate to Don Mueang Airport (can I even do this in Bangkok , i.e. hire the Song Thaew to myself all the way to the DM airport?)

c) the standard bus rate to Don Mueang Airport ( where is the bus stop and will I be able to hurdle my heavy luggage if I used a shuttle bus?)

d) is there a direct skytrain route to DM airport? ( again is this a feasible transportation alternative if I'm carrying heavy luggage?)

Thank you.

a) You need to ensure that they do put on the meter and it should not be more than about B250 plus B70 for the tolls

B) Technically I think you could get a Tuk Tuk there but it could not take the expressway, would cost as much as a taxi and be bloody uncomfortable. So there really is no point compared to taking a taxi

c) There is a bus to DM but I do not know the details - It would be the cheapest option.

d) There is no Skytrain to DM

Personally when for about 10 bucks you can get an air-conditioned taxi door to door I do not see the point in taking a bus or anything else.

• 4 weeks later...

I've done the journey many times and it's taxi every time for me. The difficulty can be finding a taxi that will put the meter on, especially when they see a farang standing around Soi Nana with luggage.

One tip is to get your hotel to call you a meter taxi (even then some will kick up a fuss when asked to put the meter on). The fare should be anything from 270 to 350 depending on the traffic. It's also tollway most of the way so once you are off Sukhumvit you can be there in 30 minutes on a decent run.

I wouldn't even attempt the bus if it's your first trip to Bangkok, especially not with luggage!

The BTS (skytrain) will only take you halfway there. Nana BTS to Mo Chit BTS, and unless the traffic is hellish and you have very little luggage, it's likely to cost you the same and take you longer.