Banyan Tree

What's put you off the Banyan Tree if you dont mind me asking?

nothing wong with your approach of trying out different hotels, but in my opinion Banyan Tree was rather old and outworn, service from hotel hotel was rater subpar standard, not really friendly, breakfast was ok, but nothing special, but you still pay premium rates for a 5 star hotel.

The hotel still benefits from its reputation from the past, but that's it.

So many awesome new hotels that proivde both great accomodation and service: (in no given order) W, Sofitel So, Sofitel Sukhumvit, Okura, Hansar, Oriental Residence, S 31 and probably many more.

But this is just my preference, YMMV

Edited by Zauberfee

• 3 weeks later...

nothing wong with your approach of trying out different hotels, but in my opinion Banyan Tree was rather old and outworn, service from hotel hotel was rater subpar standard, not really friendly, breakfast was ok, but nothing special, but you still pay premium rates for a 5 star hotel.

The hotel still benefits from its reputation from the past, but that's it.

So many awesome new hotels that proivde both great accomodation and service: (in no given order) W, Sofitel So, Sofitel Sukhumvit, Okura, Hansar, Oriental Residence, S 31 and probably many more.

But this is just my preference, YMMV

I agree. Have not stayed there for a couple of years, but it was starting to look a bit worn. The suites only concept is good, and all the new age stuff really wows the TGs (completely GF by the way) but there is better value at that price.