S Sukhumvit Suites

Hotel review of S Sukhumvit Suites, located at Sukhumvit road between soi 21, and soi 23.

Been to this hotel the last time, and reviewed it.

Rooms:

The rooms are somehow a bit small, cramped is the better word for it. Squeezed into the building, some of them containg weird angles and they even offer rooms with no window.

I had a deluxe room, which has a window. looking out the window I looked across the hotel next to it (unfortunately they are having a big renavation going on for a while now, so don't expect any views)

None of the rooms have balcony, but who wants to sit outside at sukhumvit anyway...

Room itself is nice, clean and sober. Bathroom is also good, only the water temperature is a problem, you have either really cold or really hot water, setting it right is a problem. You're awake when having a cold shower, that's certainly true.

One major drawback is the lights, every room has a emergency light in the bathroom wall, which stays on all the time, even if you turn off all the lights. Only solution is to pull out the keycard so all goes down including the airco.

Staff:

The staff of S Sukhumvit Suites is very friendly and will do a great deal of extra's to keep you satisfied. Also nice to see a few beauties working there.. They speak english really good, so communicating is not a problem at all.

As said, S Sukhumvit Suites is located on sukhumvit road, almost attached to the exit of BTS ASOK station, Soi Cowboy is 80 meters walking, and if they had a backdoor, it would come out to Soi Cowboy directly.

That makes things easy and hard at the same time, going into nightlife is no problem, also as BTS station is very close, you can explore bangkok directly.

This location also has a major drawback, if you book a normal/standaard room you'll be placed at the front, and when the BTS comes by, your room starts to shake a bit. Always take the deluxe room unless you enjoy the BTS that much...

PriceWell, to be honest S sukhumvit is not very cheap, but not very expensive either, I'd say just above average.

Extra:

They do have a joiner fee, I read on several sites that they don't have a joiner fee, but they have, unless you checked in 2 persons.

The entire hotel is non smoking, which is a big plus for me, as I don't smoke. If you're somehow addicted to sigarettes you do better fo find another hotel :)

Foyer and restaurant is very small, don't expect much of it.

More info: http://www.ssukhumvitsuites.com/

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/s_sukhumvit_suites_hotel.html

Hope this helps you.

It's not that hard as I've had in phuket, even the floor felt more comfortable in some hotels. The beds in S sukhumvit suites are average as far as I can judge.

I did have a GF, I had a room alone, and they told me when coming in early evening, that due to the fact my room was for 1 person I had to pay joiner fee. However If I checked in 2 persons, it would not be a problem.

Tried it once, maybe a receptionist with a bad day....

It sure is around Cowboy and bts... so in that case rather good, only for the money you can get something better, but further.

I dont recall the beds but did sleep well so probably not too hard or too soft. It may make a difference to any joiner fee as to whether you book directly with the hotel or through an agent such as Agoda - I usually book directly with the hotel as they send me email offers etc and as I said there has never been any joiner fee - if there was I would not stay there. I also always put 2 occupants down on the booking although I only ever check in myself.

As an alternative the Grand Centre Point in the Terminal 21 building is very nice and also did not charge any joiner fee when I stayed there in April, it also has a very nice pool area up on the 7th floor, although it is quite a lot more expensive than the S Sukhumvit Suites.

Trotski