Majestic Grande

I visit Thailand normally twice a year and my hotel of choice in Bangkok is the Majestic Grande.In the past I have stayed at the Landmark, Marroitt the Grand just to name a few but always end up back here. I find the location great as I can walk through the carpark and into Nana with ease.

The hotel is very girl friendly and go out of there way to make sure they take Id's and check everything is ok. The service is outstanding in all area's and they are happy to supply extra towels to my room at 3am in the morning which in the past I have found difficult in some hotels.

The rooms are of high quality including larger towels, great bed and plenty of pillows. There is a central control on the bedside to avoid having to get up and turn off all those seperate light switches..just hit one and your done! The bathrooms are great including all the little shampoos, toothbrushes that those girls love to raid and a shaving mirror for me.

As expected, inroom safe and you are given to security swipe cards which means you can leave one in the power unit so your room is at the right temperture when you return from a night out. I hate coming back to a hot room!

My package included breakfast which they do really well with a great selection of foods and of course the egg station. Also had a buffet lunch there (too hung over to walk to far)which was quite good for just 300bt

There is a business center in the hotel if you need to use a computer or you can buy internet time at 150bht per hour. Now I know its not that cheap but it is quite fast compared to many hotels and can be LAN or wireless connected. At the end of the day I use it to transfer money and check emails.

There is a small pool if you need a dip, but thats about all...a dip and a relax on a deck chair..if your looking for more than that..what are you doing in Bangkok! To the fitness fans there is a full equipped gym with a staff member in attendence..visted there once, but the treadmill and a hangover just don't match, so I seem to give it a miss now.

Now it's not a bottom end hotel, and I usually get a fairly large room. During October they have a special of book 3 nights get one night free...For the 3 nights I paid 9400bht, as I said not cheap, but a large room 48sqm with seperate shower and bath. There are smaller rooms also available at the hotel.

Wow, thanks ozfatboy, this looks really nice. For a couple nights the price is not bad, about $100 CAD per night, and much nicer than the hotels you can get here for that price. Thanks for this post, I will seriously considering this hotel when I get there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This hotel looks pretty fancy, I'm debating on whether or not I'll be staying there when/if I do fly into to Bangkok. I asked in another thread under newbie advice if this hotel has a dress code for its guests. I've never been to a fancy hotel like this, and even though I can afford it, I just don't know.

This hotel looks pretty fancy, I'm debating on whether or not I'll be staying there when/if I do fly into to Bangkok. I asked in another thread under newbie advice if this hotel has a dress code for its guests. I've never been to a fancy hotel like this, and even though I can afford it, I just don't know.

Mr Ness: I have yet to stay at the MG, though my friends have, and I've been there a few times. I have stayed at a couple of their other hotels and I know the do have a dress code - being fancy and all, they are quite particular about your genitals being covered in the lobby or while dining in one of their restaurants. I assume a man of greatness such as yourself should be able to meet these fancy requirements. I know you may want to flaunt your singular greatness, especially in an Asian Hotel where your greatness will appear even greater, but as a 5 star hotel, they will hold you to their dress code, just like the rest of us. Your humble servant; wj

Mr Ness: I have yet to stay at the MG, though my friends have, and I've been there a few times. I have stayed at a couple of their other hotels and I know the do have a dress code - being fancy and all, they are quite particular about your genitals being covered in the lobby or while dining in one of their restaurants. I assume a man of greatness such as yourself should be able to meet these fancy requirements. I know you may want to flaunt your singular greatness, especially in an Asian Hotel where your greatness will appear even greater, but as a 5 star hotel, they will hold you to their dress code, just like the rest of us. Your humble servant; wj

Thats not what I meant. Of course I'm not going to be walking around with my dick swinging in the breeze. That hotel looks like its for the "business types," you know the type that wear suits and all. I don't wear suits, I'm a casual kinda guy. Would I be ok if I wore jeans/shorts and shirts?

Thats not what I meant. Of course I'm not going to be walking around with my dick swinging in the breeze. That hotel looks like its for the "business types," you know the type that wear suits and all. I don't wear suits, I'm a casual kinda guy. Would I be ok if I wore jeans/shorts and shirts?

Mr. Ness: Not a problem with dress, girls, or German Shepherds if you prefer. The only problem with the hotel is that they need 2 or 3 more elevators. They started out with hotels in mongering zones for mongerers. There will be plenty of middle aged guys with their young 'tour guides' at breakfast and the pool. Book with confidence. I'll be there in Jan, myself. wj