Bangkok Hotel Recommendations

Hi All,

Planning my next solo mission to Pattaya in August and want to start off the trip with a few nights in Bangkok.

I stayed at the Queen Vic on Soi 6 and then Secrets on Soi 14 in Pattaya and looking for something in Bangkok with similiar qualities

Top Locations (Possibly near Soi Cowboy, Nana, Insomnia, Sukhumvit)

Don't need a pool, Just nice bed, shower and a toilet really

Not many girls at reception so not much gossip

Girl friendly

Possibly around the 1000-1300 THB price range as i know Bangkok is more expensive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on Agoda or one of the other websites for prices and then check if they are guest friendly. Just type guest friendly hotels Bangkok into google and you will find details on most hotels.

In your price range is Town Lodge, look at Stickmans website is currently doing a special price. It is a walk to SC and Nana but It is very guest friendly and there is a club on site with girls selling their wares if you do not fancy a long walk. I have only stayed there once several years ago place was clean and well furnished. I was alone when I checked in and the girl on the desk asked if a had a friend with me or would I like her to find one for me. I came home that night with a girl from SC (we took a taxi) no problems most of the guest were blokes from out of town with their partners for the evening.

Bally Studio Suites on a soi between 22 and 20 is a great place..about 1100 on agoda or latestays.com. Newish place very clean, free wifi etc....very girl friendly..taken multiple girls back there when the wife has been back at her home and not a word (stupid I know)..Woraburi in soi 4 an old favourite..very girl friendly and only about 900 on latestays

I can recommend the Citadines Sukh 23. On Soi 23 just a few hundred metres from Cowboy. Guest friendly. I never had any problems in March. Book the room for 2 people - same price as one. Quiet, modern, clean. Around the corner is the Crossbar, a Brit sports pub. Across the street are some massage places. Cowboy is a 5 minute walk. Just checked their website, room are about 1500-1600B. Wait until June and check again then.

If it helps for banking, there is a Citibank branch and ATM's across the street.

• 3 weeks later...

...In your price range is Town Lodge, look at Stickmans website is currently doing a special price. It is a walk to SC and Nana but It is very guest friendly and there is a club on site with girls selling their wares if you do not fancy a long walk. I have only stayed there once several years ago place was clean and well furnished. I was alone when I checked in and the girl on the desk asked if a had a friend with me or would I like her to find one for me. I came home that night with a girl from SC (we took a taxi) no problems most of the guest were blokes from out of town with their partners for the evening.

OMG...I have just checked into Town Lodge on the advice of this thread...normally go cheap charlie but splashed out to stay here...only 2000Baht for Jacuzzi suite, but seriously these guys are undercutting themselves. This is not a hotel room it is a suite with separate Jacuzzi space...will post photos. It is at the bottom of the soi but seriously, barely a 10 min walk to Soi Cowboy. Will post final impressions once I leave.

Tks guys

• 2 weeks later...

OMG...I have just checked into Town Lodge on the advice of this thread...normally go cheap charlie but splashed out to stay here...only 2000Baht for Jacuzzi suite, but seriously these guys are undercutting themselves. This is not a hotel room it is a suite with separate Jacuzzi space...will post photos. It is at the bottom of the soi but seriously, barely a 10 min walk to Soi Cowboy. Will post final impressions once I leave.

Tks guys

For hotels near Nana, I'd reccomend the following hotels :

Majestic Suites (1200)

Maxims Inn (1090) in soi 7/1

...or you can try Nana hotel too but a bit expensive for your budget (1490bht) but very near to NEP!

Last time I was in BKK in early September every hotel had many free rooms.

Since I will go again in September I am not sure if I should reserve a room or try my luck right when I am there,

What do yo think, how can I get the best deal?

Town Lodge with the Jacuzzi looks great..do the take extra for girls staying with you?