Checkinn99 - bar & live music on Sukhumvit bw 5&7

Would you walk down Checkinn's small alley?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Checkinn99 has a small alley entrance - been inside?

• Best Kept Secret entertainment - been there already
    • Bit dubious.. .but would only look inside for curiousity
    • Looks too seedy...but would only go in with a friend!

Yes - barfines are OK. The hostesses are older - as the younger ones were being left on the bench surprisingly. and yes am the owner.. in a parallel forum have sought ammends ;) - by putting on free flow heineken 9-10pm for BA posters who are there :D . also getting a sponsored ad in for BA.

LOL, when did the midget doorman leave? Anyway enjoy your place and your three filipina singers. Great steaks as well. Definitely one of the better kept Secrets in Bangkok

• Upvote 1

Hi tequil.. having promised Bryan that I will transfer money this weekend for an advert in BA so I wont get banned for self promotion.. the Midget left about 7 years ago due to bad health. There is a picture of him next to the bar in his Mexican hat. Music of the Heart are still there and are now doing cabaret style entertainment... steaks are still going strong. If you are in on a Sat or Sun night - please ask for Chris and i will buy you a beer. Mon - Fri I work in Vietnam.,

Hi all

Just wanted to add to this as I was able to visit Checkinn99 on my recent quick trip to Bangkok.

Went there for dinner on a Thursday night. The ambience was quiet and not overly loud or raucous which is just what I needed after a big Wednesday night and still nursing a hangover. Anyway the band was great. The three girls put on a really good show and I stayed for three sets. They can really sing and being an Aussie myself (don't hold that against me now :P), their set list and request list shows some great songs from the 70's & 80's, perfect for a bloke in his 40's or if you are into that period of Aussie Rock/pop music. I was really surprised that the girls and the guy playing keyboard could pull off the songs they did.

Ordered the Paris steak and it was cooked to my exact liking and they way I ordered it. Also got to chat to one of the lovely hostesses there called Wan. She was great to chat to especially have 'extended' English compared to some of the bar girls I had met on this trip. She was a bit older than some of the other bar girls I had met but definitely still had 'redeeming qualities'. There was no pressure at all to buy her a drink either which I found refreshing. Ordered a few of my favourite drinks and they were also made well. The staff in here are courteous and attentive to customers.

All in all, this place is perfect for a change in scenery in Bangkok if you need a little down time or even perfect for a nice quiet meal with a 'local lovely'. I had a great night in and would recommend it to all BMs.

I missed out on the free flowing beer on the weekend but will plan this for my next trip in a few months time. Will have to definitely have to catchup with Cattoc and slap him around the head for his unabashed self promoting style as well :P.

Cheers all.

S&D

Edited by Scotch_And_Dry
  • Upvote 1

Hi Baxter...yes we are open during Songkran..of course we are flexible for staff to roster time off between themselves. Surprisingly we were very busy last year this time.

I was going to get my self in there last week ,made my self a promise to try it out after all the good things i have been told,but i was weak and ended up getting blasted ,on soi 4 however i am back tomorrow (in Nonk

Nong Khia till 14th) so i will definatly get my arse in for a beer, thanks for the heads up lads.

Free flow Heineken next Saturday 9-10pm again for Bangkok Addicts - if anyone can match the prices I will be impressed. we had the first lot last Saturday - Michael & Peter good to meet you guys. sorry my hamburger was waiting.. Peter how did Juan go in Nana (first timer in Bangkok)... safe travels!

• 1 month later...

Andy - did you ever make it in yet. I will be there late Sat night (going to the Aussie Quiz night at the Westin) or Sunday evening... if you are there I ll buy you a beer. Chris

Andy - did you ever make it in yet. I will be there late Sat night (going to the Aussie Quiz night at the Westin) or Sunday evening... if you are there I ll buy you a beer. Chris

I've gone in CI 99 for 10 years and snagged a few nuggets outta there. Now the food's good too. They're often open Election and Buddha holidays too. What alley, do you mean the entrance way ? Wow Cattoc, free Heineken ? The Danes would have a heart attack ! wj

Edited by wackyjacky

Thanks WJ! The entrance is well known to locals - but for new comers it is quite daunting. Had free flow for 3 -4 weeks.but was getting a hard time from the Mrs!. who had a different view of marketing vs freebies. Now we have 175THB jugs for those BA's who want to drink with me on a Saturday night 9-10pm .. which still has to be the cheapest in town. Thanks for the good words.. I make no pretence..its homestyle cooking and still. The Norwegians are now dominating over the Danes as their local. Hope to share a beer on a Saturday night sometime. Chris

• 6 months later...

Have caught up with quite a few of you folks now...great to meet you. If you have no other plans for Christmas eve or Christmas Day.. we are having a Christmas Dinner Buffet 24 & 25th Dec from 8pm. 1100 Baht / head includes welcome cocktail, Beer or Carafe of Wine, Sherry & Port. Over 250 Free fun Christmas Presents drawn by raffle includes over 50 Christmas snow bears (the girls will love them) and a full night of Entertainment from Music of the Heart Band (sorry they are not being raffled). Buffet will include the usual freshly shot Reindeer.... ooops sorry Turkey ChateauBriand Sea Bass with special stomach flattening Christmas Pud and negative calorie rum custard sauce etc. You will need to book at Checkinn or on [email protected] before 20Dec. I have checked prices and including drinks is quite reasonable. I will also put on 199Baht Heineken Draft Jugs for BA's identifying themselves to me on arrival. (The jug special is independent of the Dinner) See you there!

post-6504-0-93552800-1355557685_thumb.jpg