Soi 11 Clinic

Brit In Myanmar

For anyone who thinks he might have picked up an STD and wants an easy way to confirm then I would recommend the Soi 11 Clinic

I went there last week to get checked up. You get an initial consultation then a blood test for 5 types of disease including HIV plus a urine test for infections like Gonorrhea

Total cost BHT 3350.

The result of the urine tests you get immediately,the results for the blood test you get the next day after 6pm. If you can not get back to the clinic you can call for them or they will email them to you.

It looks a bit dingy from the outside but inside it all looked clean and professionally run. the nurse who took my blood was cute, wore gloves cleaned the injection site with disinfectant and took a new needle out of the package in front of me.

If you want confidentiality they do not ask for ID but do ask for your name and what hotel you are staying at, but they have no way of knowing you make it up.

If you really think you might have HIV then I would recommend going to Bumrumgrad or the red cross clinic as these places will give appropriate councilling.

good advice thanks for posting this here! it should also be noted that Thai medical centers are very strict on standards and sterlisation, and are very professional in their approach when dealing with patients. Not that i have needed to use their services yet (touch wood!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The quetion is do they let you sit in with your bar girl and watch her get her results, which would then be a green light for some bareback fun!I have been to Bumrumgrad before and taken a girl with me. We both went back the next day and had our results given to us at the same time. This is an enormous releif to see her get her results. Also the testing at Bumrumgrad is for PCR, so it cuts downt the window period substantially from about 3 months to about 5 days and that in turn adds to the piece of mind.

• 1 year later...

The quetion is do they let you sit in with your bar girl and watch her get her results, which would then be a green light for some bareback fun!I have been to Bumrumgrad before and taken a girl with me. We both went back the next day and had our results given to us at the same time. This is an enormous releif to see her get her results. Also the testing at Bumrumgrad is for PCR, so it cuts downt the window period substantially from about 3 months to about 5 days and that in turn adds to the piece of mind.

How much did that set you back at Bumrungrad?  I'm already registered there, so it's easy to get in.

The quetion is do they let you sit in with your bar girl and watch her get her results, which would then be a green light for some bareback fun!I have been to Bumrumgrad before and taken a girl with me. We both went back the next day and had our results given to us at the same time. This is an enormous releif to see her get her results. Also the testing at Bumrumgrad is for PCR, so it cuts downt the window period substantially from about 3 months to about 5 days and that in turn adds to the piece of mind.[/quote

I take it you are not checking for herpes ?

Guest USAguy

Of course not....

The quetion is do they let you sit in with your bar girl and watch her get her results, which would then be a green light for some bareback fun!I have been to Bumrumgrad before and taken a girl with me. We both went back the next day and had our results given to us at the same time. This is an enormous releif to see her get her results. Also the testing at Bumrumgrad is for PCR, so it cuts downt the window period substantially from about 3 months to about 5 days and that in turn adds to the piece of mind.[/quote

I take it you are not checking for herpes ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Of course not....

Even you asked for the test and they did it, apparently it does not always show up in the results. I'm not saying that as an excuse, even if all the tests were negative I'd still worry about it.

For anyone who thinks he might have picked up an STD and wants an easy way to confirm then I would recommend the Soi 11 Clinic

I went there last week to get checked up. You get an initial consultation then a blood test for 5 types of disease including HIV plus a urine test for infections like Gonorrhea

Total cost BHT 3350.

The result of the urine tests you get immediately,the results for the blood test you get the next day after 6pm. If you can not get back to the clinic you can call for them or they will email them to you.

It looks a bit dingy from the outside but inside it all looked clean and professionally run. the nurse who took my blood was cute, wore gloves cleaned the injection site with disinfectant and took a new needle out of the package in front of me.

If you want confidentiality they do not ask for ID but do ask for your name and what hotel you are staying at, but they have no way of knowing you make it up.

If you really think you might have HIV then I would recommend going to Bumrumgrad or the red cross clinic as these places will give appropriate councilling.

Thanks, I'd heard about this clinic a few times and never knew if it was any good.