Please reassure me that my visa doesn't start from the day of issuance... :(

Jim78

Hello! So i may not have managed to hit the 50 post count but i sure managed to get my multiple entry tourist visa from London. It took a wild 48h so i'm really chuffed, but I read that 'waiting' to leave (i still have quite a lot to sell/empty out here) 'eats' into the visa time. Surely the 60 day start on entry , not on issuance tho right? 

In any case I'm chuffed, Nana here we come! 😀

It eats into the time you must use it, e.g. enter the country. As long as you enter the country while the visa is still valid, you get 60 days. Multiple entry should be for six months from date of issuance. Example: if the visa was issued on May 7, you can enter the country anytime until November 7 and get stamped in for 60 days which can be extended another 30. If you’re not leaving for a couple of months, then yeah, you would have been better off waiting.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:26 PM, bgtp said:

It eats into the time you must use it, e.g. enter the country. As long as you enter the country while the visa is still valid, you get 60 days. Multiple entry should be for six months from date of issuance. Example: if the visa was issued on May 7, you can enter the country anytime until November 7 and get stamped in for 60 days which can be extended another 30. If you’re not leaving for a couple of months, then yeah, you would have been better off waiting.

Ahhh thank you very much. Not so bad then! I can live with 6 months on site as i plan to commute it to a longer term visa anyways. Cheers!!!