Anybody tried the Furama Sukhumvit?

I was trying to decide where to stay and came across the Furama Sukhumvit on Soi 1. Only about $50 with breakfast for what looks like a 4-star. Anyone tried it?

Some of my mates stay at the FuramaXclusive out by Asoke, and they say it's hard to beat for the price. But the ones that have tried the one on Soi 1 have not been impressed, and when compared to the one near Asoke it seems to be a let down. Seems the one on Soi 1 has seen it's fair share of wear and tear already - and is a bit run-down.

About the only plus side for this one (as compared to the one on Asoke) is that it is right by Bumrungrad hospital - if one is looking to take advantage of some of the rather low cost medical avalible there.

• 4 months later...

I stayed at the Furama X Si Lom last Sept/Oct. No complaints at all. I have nothing to measure it by other than US hotels, but it would've cost at least three times as much in the States. The only reason I won't go back is that I'd like to see other parts of Bangkok up close.

24 hours doorman. Door card protected elevator. On site laundromat. Two free bottles of water daily. Decent American breakfast bar included. Out of traffic. Quiet. Close to transport. Kitchenette. Room safe. Party sized shower. Even an umbrella in the closet. Cable TV could have been better, but I wasn't there for TV, wouldn't have mattered if not for H1N1 that I caught from the Chinese girl on the flight over.

I've stayed at the Asoke property when it 1st opened and it was great. They've raised the prices way up though and it's not worth it now IMO. I wouldn't want to stay on Soi 1 either. Lots of good new, $50 or less joints around - Sacha's, Silq, Paradiso, Aspen Suites, Darjeeling, Merises, Dawin, S.Sukhumvit Suites, the Citadines, City Chic, Fusion Suites, La Fenix, On 8, etc. All 4 stars and relatively new. Pick 1,throw a dart if you have to. There isn't a bad choice among them. wj