Traveling to Bangkok for 15 days. Question about Thai Visa

Zeroat

Earlier this year I traveled to bangkok and got the 60 day visa.

I later learned that you don't need a visa if you are leaving before 30 days.

Is the process any different when you are at the Bangkok airport? When I had the 60 day visa I gave them the visa document+passport. Next time I go for 15 days do I just need to tell them I am leaving before 30 days? Do I need to provide proof of the flight I am leaving on?

Edited by Zeroat

You left out the the most important part of your question.   What is your passport?

Most likely you get a 30 day exemption (this is not a Visa).  IO scans your Passport, you do finger print scan and he/she will stamp you for 30 days.      

TR (Tourist Visas) are 60 days and you typically get them electronically.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HimBadMan said:

You left out the the most important part of your question.   What is your passport?

Most likely you get a 30 day exemption (this is not a Visa).  IO scans your Passport, you do finger print scan and he/she will stamp you for 30 days.      

TR (Tourist Visas) are 60 days and you typically get them electronically.  

Sorry US passport

IIRC pretty much like the last guy said, i just gave them my US passport and boarding pass too maybe, finger print scan and a facial picture. They stamped passport and that was it. I've heard others mention they could ask for your return flight info but hasn't happened to me the last 5 times I've been.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its the same process and no change on a US passport. You arrive at immigration upon arrival. Provide passport, take pic, thumb print, show return ticket. Get stamped for 30 days for free upon arrival. As always make sure to keep your tm.30 for the departure flight out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most countries are getting passenger lists from the airlines before they arrive and Thailand is probably in on this. And they probably include information if you have a round trip ticket. I don't think I've shown them any flight information for leaving in a long time now.

That used to be part of the arrival / departure cards you'd fill out, along with where you are staying, but on my last trip late 2022 those weren't being used (good riddance I hope).

And, whether visa or waiver or whatever they are granting permission with, at the airport, with US passport, good for 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Without an outbound flight, not necessarily a return ticket, the airline will deny boarding. Immi has the data and also enters such data at land borders.

If you are over 90 days within 6 months, you are likely to run into trouble.

If you have too many short-term stays, extensions or border runs things will get complicated.

A few weeks back home and a long-distance flight will wash the record clean aside from the overall days limit.

Better and more complete info can be obtained on the aseannow forum.