Kingston Suites Soi 15- is it girl friendly? any reviews

HI All,

I am looking to book a 4 night stay in the Kingston suites on soi 15. Has anybody stayed here? if so what is it like? is the location good? and is it girl friendly (take ID's)

Cheers Guys

Hi, It's definitely girl friendly. Location is not too bad, it's at a pretty quiet location and 5-10 mins stroll to asok BTS.

The deluxe rooms are nicely furnished, well sized but the toilet do not come with a bathtub. The staff are really helpful.

The small lift may be a minor inconvenience during breakfast hours and the bed are typically thai which is really hard.

It's a good distance from Sukhumvit and the touts at the suit store near Suk don't remember that they just hit you up 5 times the day before and the day before that and the day before that... About the same distance to the water taxi in the other direction (It'll take you to MBK and it's something different. Take small change and jump on quickly, it doesn't stop for very long). My bed was like a huge rock, I won't go back because of this (I had them add a comforter on top of the mattress, which was a slight help). I've posted some pics either here or at PattayaAddicts. There's a taxi stand outside and to the left.

Say hi to Meaw for me (took her to Siam Ocean World), she's the tall cute one. Mook, in the restaurant, has a fun way about her too.

If you find it doesn't suit you either, On8 is owned by the same company and you might be able to switch. Both are non-smoking, though.

I'll repeat that's it's girl friendly.

Edited by xilef

It's a good distance from Sukhumvit and the touts at the suit store near Suk don't remember that they just hit you up 5 times the day before and the day before that and the day before that... About the same distance to the water taxi in the other direction (It'll take you to MBK and it's something different. Take small change and jump on quickly, it doesn't stop for very long). My bed was like a huge rock, I won't go back because of this (I had them add a comforter on top of the mattress, which was a slight help). I've posted some pics either here or at PattayaAddicts. There's a taxi stand outside and to the left.

Say hi to Meaw for me (took her to Siam Ocean World), she's the tall cute one. Mook, in the restaurant, has a fun way about her too.

If you find it doesn't suit you either, On8 is owned by the same company and you might be able to switch. Both are non-smoking, though.

I'll repeat that's it's girl friendly.

HI Xilef,

Thanks for the feedback, its much appreciated, you have certainly thrown the cat amoungst the pidgeons now, as i cant do with hard beds, or walking miles lol.

As a 1st time visitor Im i a real quandery as of where to stay, i had a short list of Presidents Palace, Majestic Grande or the Kingston suites, but the later was the cheapest and more appealing to my pocket!

Really want somewhere nice but close bye, any further help would be very very much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, It's definitely girl friendly. Location is not too bad, it's at a pretty quiet location and 5-10 mins stroll to asok BTS.

The deluxe rooms are nicely furnished, well sized but the toilet do not come with a bathtub. The staff are really helpful.

The small lift may be a minor inconvenience during breakfast hours and the bed are typically thai which is really hard.

HI Sojo,

Thanks for yor reply.

Cant do with the hard beds, so will have to give this a miss, im looking for somewhere nice, but close bye to the action, any other ideas?

Cheers

HI Sojo,

Thanks for yor reply.

Cant do with the hard beds, so will have to give this a miss, im looking for somewhere nice, but close bye to the action, any other ideas?

Cheers

Phachara suites at soi 6 is close to the action, near to the girly bars and nana bts, has soft and comfortable beds. however it's about 2200 baht compared to kingston (1600+?)

I've stayed at FuramaX, Darjelling, On8 & Kingston. FuramaX was the best. Kingston the only one I won't go back to. Darjelling is a boutique hotel very close to Soi Cowboy. On8 is right at Sukhumvit and Soi 8. The FuramaX I stayed at was near Patpong, but I'm sure the other two FuramaX's are decent.

As a noob, I appreciated the Silom neighborhood. It was less tourist oriented, more business class people, but still had the action nearby. The BTS and MRT are easy to navigate and can get you to Sukhumkit in a few minutes, but Patpong kept me busy for a couple of weeks, so I didn't see Sukhumvit until my second trip.

If you get tempted to buy on the street, remember that you can get the same things for less at MBK and in air conditioned comfort. BTS will get you there. Take a trip to the Erawan Museum, I took a LT BF the next morning... If you pick the right LT, she'll show you around. On the other hand the wrong one will try to break into your room safe while you go for condoms (make sure you have a good safe).

Walking is an option when you're spending weeks, but with less time, the motorcycle taxis are a convenient option, they're everywhere. Not for the feint of heart, though (you'll understand once you see Bangkok traffic). Tuk Tuk's are more often traps to lure you to places that you don't want to go, not always though.

Edited by xilef

I've stayed at FuramaX, Darjelling, On8 & Kingston. FuramaX was the best. Kingston the only one I won't go back to. Darjelling is a boutique hotel very close to Soi Cowboy. On8 is right at Sukhumvit and Soi 8. The FuramaX I stayed at was near Patpong, but I'm sure the other two FuramaX's are decent.

As a noob, I appreciated the Silom neighborhood. It was less tourist oriented, more business class people, but still had the action nearby. The BTS and MRT are easy to navigate and can get you to Sukhumkit in a few minutes, but Patpong kept me busy for a couple of weeks, so I didn't see Sukhumvit until my second trip.

If you get tempted to buy on the street, remember that you can get the same things for less at MBK and in air conditioned comfort. BTS will get you there. Take a trip to the Erawan Museum, I took a LT BF the next morning... If you pick the right LT, she'll show you around. On the other hand the wrong one will try to break into your room safe while you go for condoms (make sure you have a good safe).

Walking is an option when you're spending weeks, but with less time, the motorcycle taxis are a convenient option, they're everywhere. Not for the feint of heart, though (you'll understand once you see Bangkok traffic). Tuk Tuk's are more often traps to lure you to places that you don't want to go, not always though.

When you say "buy in the street" do you mean freelance girls? and sorry for being a completely naieve! but what is MBK??? and where is the Silom neighborhood.

Oh and thanks for the sightseeing tips, lets hope i can find a LT that will accompany me.

Regards.

When you say "buy in the street" do you mean freelance girls? and sorry for being a completely naieve! but what is MBK??? and where is the Silom neighborhood.

Oh and thanks for the sightseeing tips, lets hope i can find a LT that will accompany me.

Regards.

No. Just street vendors selling regular stuff. You can buy everything from underwear to cars from street vendors.

There's plenty of info here and elsewhere about the girls.

My first girl was at a place called Takara in Patpong. It's a massage parlor, so no barfine. A fishbowl of sorts, pick a girl, make a deal (I said 2000 LT, she wanted more, I stayed at 2000, she smiled and said OK) pay and go. Ignore the touts at the bottom of the stairs; they'll grab your arm and pretend that they brought you there for a commission, just tell mamasan "no tout" or "no guide" or something so that she knows that you came by yourself. There are maps of Patpong, Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy in many places, perhaps here, but google: Patpong map or Nana map...

MBK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBK_Center

Erawan Museum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erawan_Museum

Silom is a neighborhood on Silom Rd., sometimes referred to as the Silom/Sathorn or Bangrak neighborhood. It's very close to Lumpini Park. The BTS runs overhead on Silom. On Sukhumvit, near Nana Plaza, I felt that I had to keep my guard up, for good reason. Near Soi Cowboy not so much, but even less on Silom.

If you can, download a taxi card from your hotel's website. Even better if it's got Thai instructions. Use it at the airport to get to your hotel and mamasan may ask for it too, but you should get a taxi card at hotel check in too.

Edited by xilef