Rent a car or moto in Bangkok

Hi Bangkok addicts! 😊

I am planning to visit Bangkok for the second time and I was wondering if you knew any website where my friends and I can rent a scooter or car. Actually I would rather rent a scooter since, as we know, the traffic is quite crazy and in that way it would be easier to face the traffic.

I will wait for your suggestions, Thank you 🤗

Don't.  It's not worth it.

You need to have a real motorbike license and you need to stay sober and need real medical insurance.  Spend the extra $20 and hire a driver to take you everywhere.  The driver will take you where you need to be, stay with the car (so you don't need parking) and deal with any issues.

Depends on how long you are staying, might be more hassle than its worth. You Can taxi bts mrt to enough places that having wheels wont really make a difference. Also Unless you know thai well enough to have a conversation it could be tough to get much out of the bikes where the thais know less english. But if still looking there was a rental place down soi 4 about 3/4 the way down. Its in an alley on the left. 77/9 sukhumvit 4 www.motorbikerentalbangkok.com  website still up so it looks active. not sure about the license but doubt most thai police would know foreign license codes or international licenses. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For cars, any of the major chain brands have offices in Bangkok.

I don't know where you're from, but likely you'll need an international licence to hire. Crazy irony that Thailand, one of the countries with the worst road fatality stats and almost total disregard for traffic laws, doesn't recognise the licences of most other countries with vastly superior records and reputations.

For motorbikes, not sure in Bangkok, but they're anything like the touristy places like Phuket and Krabi, you won't need an international permit or anything other than money.