Marco Hotel

Hi!

Usually I stay at cheap 700 baht cockroach infested smoke-smelling places whilst in BKK,

but thought I'd upgrade on my next visit!

I'll arrive in Bangkok in the middle of Songkran on April 14 and will stay until April 20, when I'll go back to Pattaya.

Since I'll have 6 nights and because I'll probably be hiding out in my room from the splash-war outside on my first days,

I thought I'd for once take the splurge and pay more for a comfy and nicer hotelroom!

I've been looking through the hotelbooking websites the last few days, and decided I wanted to stay near to Nana,and finally my decision fell on the Marco Hotel (aka Marco Polo) in Soi 2: Marco

Looks pretty new and clean on the pictures and had got mostly good reviews, price was also within my reach at 1300 baht a night including taxes.

Although in a quiet soi off Sukhumvit Rd, it's supposed to be only 5 minutes walking from the Sukhumvit Rd,and you can use the swimming pool at the Marriott Hotel in the same area.

Booked on http://www.booking.com

Choosed a "Deluxe Room- Studio B"

Room Facilities: Air Conditioning, Work Desk, Shower, Hairdryer, Bathrobe, Toilet, Bath or Shower, TV, Telephone, Radio, DVD Player, Cable TV, Tea/Coffee Maker, Minibar, Kitchenette, Refrigerator, Microwave, Balcony, Patio, View (sea, garden, Landmark, etc.)

Room Size: 27 square metresBed Size (s): 1 Extra large double

Anyone stayed here and can give the cons and pros?

ps if you have pictures of the rooms I'd appreciate them because there are not so many on their website!

Thanks!

Plahgat

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add I've changed my plans and will not be in BKK for Songkran!

I'll arrive later on and have cancelled my booking with Marco Hotel as well,

and will continue to stay in the cheaper cockroach infested smoke-smelling places

and save my money for the girls instead!:rolleyes: ;)

Plahgat

• 3 weeks later...