ON8 Sukhumvit Hotel

• 1 month later...

With my view on this topic.Me and my Ex-Girlfriend visit this hotel in past.On8 Sukhumvit is Bangkok's latest chic hotel located right in the center of it all, and offers hip and yet avant-garde designs for modern day travelers.hotel with only 40 rooms to choose from. Each hip in style with faux leather accents and timber designed ceramic flooring and the latest in-room technology including wireless Internet access and 32 LCD TV.

• 3 months later...

is there an in-room safe?

Yes there is an in-room safe and all the mod cons.

But it is a non-smoking hotel and there are no windows in most rooms. On the upside, very clean, modern, quiet (from the busy Sukhumvit Road) and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Soi 8 is a great soi IMO with a few good and quiet bars and some good local restaurants and a couple of laundries and a Family Mart close by. I am pretty sure it is guest friendly, but I never took anyone back as I only had ST in ST hotel when I was there.

I would definitely stay again.

BTW.. if you are looking for cheaper guest house accommodation, try the Eight Plus Hotel which is right next door. Recently renovated and the owner Kevin and his wife are really great people.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful at On8. It's a nice hotel but they offer 2 kinds of water. If you drink the wrong one it will cost you quite a bit. Also, the Saffron rooms can get very bright. They have large windows that, while frosted, can let in a lot of light in the mornings still (even with the curtains drawn). If you get the Saffron room near Sukhumvit you can hear the traffic at times.

Quite guest friendly. They are also very helpful in setting up tours, private drivers, or other conveniences. It's a nice place and right outside the Nana terminal for the Skytrain, literally.

During daytime hours their entrance is through the front restaurant. At night you have to use the alley behind Soi 8 to enter the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few pics of the windowless room.

<a class=' alt='IMG_0792.JPG'>IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

Would probably stay here again as soi 8 is a nice quiet soi right in the middle of the action - or close enough to it. :)

Edited by RAM8