Best Hotel Near Pat Pong Market

The "best" hotel near Patpong would probably be the Dusit Thani, but it may be difficult to find a room for less than $120. The Banyan Tree at Sala Daeng and Sathorn is another great hotel, also within walking distance of Patpong. But I think it's even more expensive than the Dusit Thani.

The only hotel in the area I've stayed at is the Narai, which is about a 10 minute walk just down Silom from Patpong. The cheaper rooms aren't much to write home about, but they are relatively inexpensive, have the necessary amenities and I've always been happy with the hotel. Free breakfast buffet, GF (as long as you book a double), nice pool, good location, but a ton of tourists and families.

The Unico Grande Silom (inexpensive) and Sofitel Silom (expensive) are other options right by the Narai.

There are tons of hotels in that area. An easy way to get an idea of what is availible and where they are try the Agodaweb site:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok.html

Pick any hotel in the Silom/Sathorn/Sala Daeng area, then click on the map on the Agoda page for that hotel. You'll get a decent map of the area with all the hotels that Agoda carries.

There are only a few in the area that would be more than $100 per night (Banyan Tree certainly will be more).

Center Point Saladaeng

Marriott Executive Apartments Sathorn

Fraser Suites Sathorn

Swiss Lodge

Are all less than $100 USD.

Right now witht the low occupancy rates of many hotels I don't think you'll have a problem getting a room at the Dusit Thani for less than $100 per night either.

Dusit Thani

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I spent 8 months at the Fraser suites on Sathorn Road, great apartments and spotless too. No problems for overnight guests either, and just over five minute walk to Patpong, although a few hours in Molly Malones was inevitable.

I'm on a budget but need several things met:

- no bedbugs

- decent size bathroom

- cleanliness

- relatively quiet

For my trip at the end of the year I have book the Malaysian http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/

and the Bavana http://www.soidb.com/en/bangkok/stay/hotel/bavana_hotel.html

Yikes...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Malaysian that [now] out-of-the-way place on Soi Ngam Duplii that was a backpackers' haven pre-Khao San, but in recent years is a scary, drug-ridden fleabag joint? You may not get your non-bedbug wish there, is all I'm saying...

Yikes...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Malaysian that [now] out-of-the-way place on Soi Ngam Duplii that was a backpackers' haven pre-Khao San, but in recent years is a scary, drug-ridden fleabag joint? You may not get your non-bedbug wish there, is all I'm saying...

I hear you. I know the Malaysian is old but it has great reviews on Tripadvisor and is real close to where my uncle's condo used to be on Sathorn Tai. I will be checking the bed out as soon as I check in and if it's got anything moving on the mattress, I am checking back out and heading to the other hotel I have reservations with. At this time I still haven't decided on what hotel to stay at in bkk

IJ: Try the new Meridien on Surawong across the street. 3000 on the Starwood website, probably cheaper elsewhere. This is an opening special price. I've got no info for you. I haven't stayed there yet. It's getting good reviews and the pics look good. Starwood does a lot of promos though, like 3rd night free. If I were you, I'd ask Tim what he's got it for at thaihoteldiscounts.com, or Otels. Then I'd try Hotels Combined. You'll get the best price that way for sure. Chock Dee; wj ps: here's the link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1946

• 1 month later...

Ok, I just checked into the Malaysian and am pleasantly suprised at how clean and cozy it is.

I checked - no bedbugs and not dingy at all. My only complaint is that there was a cigarete in the ashtray when i first checked into the room and the bathroom is a bit small. Otherwise, this is pretty much a bargain!

Ok, I just checked into the Malaysian and am pleasantly suprised at how clean and cozy it is.

I checked - no bedbugs and not dingy at all. My only complaint is that there was a cigarete in the ashtray when i first checked into the room and the bathroom is a bit small. Otherwise, this is pretty much a bargain!

I stayed in guesthouses in this area back in the late 80s, and already then Malaysia Hotel had a sleazy reputation and was gay travellers hangout! ;)

I don't know how it looks today, maybe they have renovated the rooms?

It's quite far from Patpong as well, and is a long sweaty walk! :o

Would be interesting to see some pics from this hotel and this area how it looks today! :)

Plahgat

Maybe they have renovated it because I fail to see the sleazy aspect to this hotel. The rooms are very clean and don't have that dingy smell.

It is a long walk to Silom and the nearest BTS station ( I walked it last night and it took 20 mins ). Fortunately, the weather has not been very humid lately so walks are not all that unpleasant.

Sure there are gay travellers here. I see old farang/young skinny thai guy couples are breakfast, same with the old farang/ young thai girl in evening attire at breakfast too but I have seen those couples in every hotel I have stayed in Patts and bkk. There are male and female freelancers in the parking lot in the afternoon and evening but they don't harrass the guests here.

I'm just glad I'm not closed minded enough to forgo a bargain just because people want to sneer at a hotel they haven't stayed in yet.