Solitaire Bangkok vs Kingston Suite

Don't know about Kingston, only that it's on Soi 15 LHS from Suk Rd just past the Dream Hotel

Solitaire, I was there May 2018 and it's very nice, I think it was actually President Solitaire previously and has been fully renovated, I had the club room, very good but not worth paying for club amenities because very little food was available and limited choice of drinks. Breakfast was good. 

Location, not actually on soi 11 but soi 13 about 100 metres from Insanity club on soi 11. Guest friendly indeed, well at least for one girl, I never took more than one back at a time.

Sorry I'm wrong, wasn't President Solitaire previously because that's now Mercure soi 11

It was certainly some President or other.

Right chap's now done my homework. I was actually correct the first time around Solitaire was formerly President Solitaire 

Mercure soi 11 was formerly President Palace

Edited by slalom

Don't know about Kingston, only that it's on soi 15 LHS from Suk Rd just past the Dream Hotel

Solitaire, I was there May 2018 and it's very nice, I think it was actually President Solitaire previously and has been fully renovated, I had the club room, very good but not worth paying for club amenities because very little food was available and limited choice of drinks. Breakfast was good.

Location, not actually on soi 11 but soi 13 about 100 metres from Insanity club on soi 11. Guest friendly indeed, well at least for one girl, I never took more than one back at a time.

Sorry I'm wrong, wasn't President Solitaire previously because that's now Mercure soi 11

It was certainly some President or other

Thanks Slalom

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

I am little confused after going through the review. Can anyone here suggest which one is better in terms of location and guest friendly policies?

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

99.9999% of the hotels in Bangkok are girl friendly  B)

I was in Kingston suites at the end of December. IMO the hotel is not as good as it used to be. The rooms are getting older and some of the facilities aren't working as they should. If you think you are getting a good deal, sure go for it. But personally they're no longer one of my go to hotels.

I think they’re both run by the Kingston hotel group.

From my experience at their places, they start off good and as they age, their facilities deteriorate.

Their prices are reasonable but don’t expect a high class of product.

I was in the solitaire a few years ago and it was nice. I think they either moved recently or renovated. There’s been so much change in that area it’s hard to keep up.

Edited by bob_ny

I think they’re both run by the Kingston hotel group.

From my experience at their places, they start off good and as they age, their facilities deteriorate.

Their prices are reasonable but don’t expect a high class of product.

I was in the solitaire a few years ago and it was nice. I think they either moved recently or renovated. There’s been so much change in that area it’s hard to keep up.

Solitaire was recently fully renovated

I believe they're part of the Compass group