Real Ale?

I'm not expecting much as I've found very little good beer in Pattaya but does anyone know of bars near Nana or Cowboy where they sell good conditioned cask ale?

If you don't mind straying a bit away from the Nana/Cowboy area there's Hobs bar at rain hill shopping mall which has a decent selection, and The Beer House in Ekamai which also does decent food.

I'm not one to know the in's and out's of the different types of beers so my suggestion might be way off for you but look up Hair of the Dog who have a range of craft beers which there might be something to your taste and liking.

Only problem I believe is they are a bit expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

You have Craft in Soi 23 with a big variety of different beers, they probably have what you're looking for and it's very close to Soi Cowboy.

Looks like I will be paying a visit in April !!

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Upvote 1

Craft is very expensive I went there once and from memory I struggled to find a beer for under 300B. They had a good selection of ales though but mainly very high % ones like 7-8% when for me I like a good old fashioned 4% pale ale.

Probably yes, I don't remember about prices of beers as I usually have dinner as well.

Craft on Soi 23 has a big beer selection from around the world. They may have it. It was a nice place to sit outside and enjoy a pint.  They do have a rolling tap list that constantly changing so they may or may not have exactly what you are looking for when you are there. But i would be a good place to look.

Craft beer and ale can be found, but you will certainly pay premium prices for it.

Craft on Soi 23 is great. Only a short walk from Soi Cowboy, with a big open-air area on the corner of the street. They had loads of ales on tap, and you can also take the tasting option and have 4-6 flights of different beer rather than one pint.

There’s a very similar place at the top of Soi 11 called Brew. It’s a lot smaller, but they have a similar beer menu. It’s in the same place where you get the amazing Daniel Thaiger burgers, so well worth a visit!

Beats’ suggestion of the Ekamai Beer House is also a good shout. I stopped there last year and had a couple of great pints. From there I went on a mission to find the Bangkok Mikkeller bar, which is hidden away in a residential area of Soi 63. Well worth a visit if you love unique beer, but be warned... it ain’t cheap!