Retro 39 Hotel?  Has anyone ever stayed at this location?  Guest Friendly?

I was looking at the location and was surprised that it is very close to the BTS Line and also in massage zone.

I did a search and didn't see anything pop up so what do you guys think?

Quick look at Trip Advisor and reviews are mixed.

Best to say what your budget is and what it is your looking to do, Beer bars, GoGo, Masaage etc. and someone can post a suggestion.

For me I spend a bit more than others on a Hotel so no use telling you to stay at Four Points in Soi 15 when your budget does not stretch that far.

This will be your first trip to Bangkok?

I'd suggest look at places in Soi 11 such as Travel Lodge as a starter, maybe even Aloft depending on budget as it's central to Soi Cowboy and Nana though both hotels are a bit further up the street from Sukhumvit Road.

Majestic Suites is also worth looking at and some of the places down Soi 4.

Quick look at Trip Advisor and reviews are mixed.

Best to say what your budget is and what it is your looking to do, Beer bars, GoGo, Masaage etc. and someone can post a suggestion.

For me I spend a bit more than others on a Hotel so no use telling you to stay at Four Points in Soi 15 when your budget does not stretch that far.

This will be your first trip to Bangkok?

I'd suggest look at places in Soi 11 such as Travel Lodge as a starter, maybe even Aloft depending on budget as it's central to Soi Cowboy and Nana though both hotels are a bit further up the street from Sukhumvit Road.

Majestic Suites is also worth looking at and some of the places down Soi 4.

Thanks for the info mr freeze.  Yes it is my first time to Bangkok.  I have a chance to add a few days to my all ready planned trip which I have a room booked at Heaven@4.  I did pick that location because of the proximity to NEP.  

My thought was to mix it up and stay somewhere else for the days I'm adding on.  I definitely will be using the massage shops in the area of Retro plus I like how close it is to the BTS line.  Of the hotels you named I would rather stay under 50$ US, so Travelodge looks great and is in my price range but it is pretty far up the Soi.  

You never know I may go to Pattaya instead since I have never been there either.  

The choices the choices!

Retro 39 is a nice hotel. I stayed there in december 2016 and the location was nice ( very close to Bts skytrain and to 2 big malls). It's guest friendly.

I tried to book there again for my following trip but it was already fully booked. I now prefer to stay at 41 Suites which is located in the same Phrom Phong area and better imho than Retro 39.