Aloft (Hotel Soi 11): Recent Reports?

Never stayed here before, but just booked a couple of nights in July.

Scant info on here. Someone was asking about it a couple of months ago, but nobody piped up.

Seems girl friendly, according to Mr Google. That's good, then.

Anyone stayed there? Your old Uncle Tom likes a clean gaff, pool that gets the sunshine, a hearty breakfast, and cheerful staff, how-yoo-this-maaaning-saah!, no questions asked etc. etc.. ^_^

I know exactly where it is, have walked past a few times: location, coupled with price for what you (seem, according to photos) get, is what I chose it.

Can cancel free of charge, tough, if anyone wants to tell me it's shit. Come on, lads!  :)

Tom Tit  :blink:

I have stayed there a couple of times before, but not in the last 1 1/2 years.

At the time the only complaints were musky damp smell in the room and the bed being a bit too firm for me, I like a softer work bench.

So I swapped to the Four Points and have not been back.

I believe some of the rooms have removed the carpet and gone to vinyl/ tile/ wood or similar flooring that has fixed the smell.

I also see they advertise the work bench as plush platform or similar so would be interested if they have changed the mattresses to a newer one.

If you have not already done so join up on the SPG rewards program or if your in Marriott link accounts and you can get extra 5% discount on room rates.

When I did stay there I had no problem taking girls back to the room and buffet breakfast was simple but good.

On a side note, I'm in Bangkok now and 1st day was drunken than a Tom Tit on a Bangkok weekend bender 

Hopefully I should be able to walk properly by the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, mrfreeze! In Bangkok still? Wow. Nice. But if your '1st day was drunken than a Tom Tit on a Bangkok weekend bender', I don't fancy your chances. Take your protein pills and put your helmet on, and best book a bed in rehab now for when you finally get home.  <_> 

Anyone else got any recent info on this place: Aloft Hotel, Soi 11? Come on, lads! Looks good. I've not press the 'cancel' button on my booking yet.

Thanks, mrfreeze! In Bangkok still? Wow. Nice. But if your '1st day was drunken than a Tom Tit on a Bangkok weekend bender', I don't fancy your chances. Take your protein pills and put your helmet on, and best book a bed in rehab now for when you finally get home.  <_> 

Anyone else got any recent info on this place: Aloft Hotel, Soi 11? Come on, lads! Looks good. I've not press the 'cancel' button on my booking yet.

Yes still in BKK, fly home on 29th.

I'm finally walking again after that first day incident and swearing to never drink again... Fast Forward 1 week and it was 999THB for the rainbow shots and rainbow bombs (7 of each) at a bar in Ekkamai, I survived but the drinking partner did not and had to have the next day off work.

What rate have you got at Aloft and how does the Four Points pricing compare?

One tip if looking at the Four Points is also check the Westin as there can be occasions it is cheaper as was over Christmas / New Year when I looked at dates yesterday.

Tom Tit,

If you want to stay on Soi 11, try the Mercure Sukumvit Soi 11 (Old President Palace).  Reopened last April....great beds, huge pool that gets sun.

The Aloft is OK, but rooms can be musty and also loud because of Levels.

Stayed in Aloft several times, but won't do so again...and I have plenty of SPG status as well...Mercure is just better.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I stayed at Aloft for 4 nights. No complaints.

Reception staff were helpful, charming and sincere (and, in the case of the bird who checked me in, 10/10 drop dead gorgeous).

Room was large (I switched on the patter with Drop Dead G and got upgraded) and clean. Huge bed.

Wasn’t noisy at all (Levels nite club in basement rocking till 4am, so I was worried about the noise after what some folks said above) though I was on a high floor (25th floor, trivia fans). Slept like a log. ????

Good strong shower, no problems with water pressure or temperature whatever the hour.

Pool is nice: not huge, great views, good sun trap, and a large shaded chill area adjoining, scatter cushions and couches and newspapers and whatnot. Gym with new equipment that nobody was using. I didn’t take any birds back but it was definitely guest friendly: one bloke had a different two obvious tattooed tuppenny tarts with him at breakfast every day. Buffet breakfast is also great.

Clientele very nice, pleasant folks. Mix of Asians and Westerners.Younger mongers (apart from your old Uncle Tom and the other feller with a different tart twinset daily, natch), family groups and honeymoon couples. Couple of young single white chicks, one of whom I chatted up beside the pool. Blonde Dutch chick traveling solo, early 30s, slightly chubby but very sexy with great tits, Got her Line address. Reckon she’d have been game for some beer and a ride but she was checking out straight after the sunbathing and heading to Hua Hin... ????

Will definitely stay there again.

Refurbished Mercury, across thee road (which someone mentioned above) looked very good too.

Tom Tit :blink:

Edited by Tom Tit

• 9 months later...

I stayed at Aloft for 4 nights. No complaints.

Reception staff were helpful, charming and sincere (and, in the case of the bird who checked me in, 10/10 drop dead gorgeous).

Room was large (I switched on the patter with Drop Dead G and got upgraded) and clean. Huge bed.

Wasn’t noisy at all (Levels nite club in basement rocking till 4am, so I was worried about the noise after what some folks said above) though I was on a high floor (25th floor, trivia fans). Slept like a log.

Good strong shower, no problems with water pressure or temperature whatever the hour.

Pool is nice: not huge, great views, good sun trap, and a large shaded chill area adjoining, scatter cushions and couches and newspapers and whatnot. Gym with new equipment that nobody was using. I didn’t take any birds back but it was definitely guest friendly: one bloke had a different two obvious tattooed tuppenny tarts with him at breakfast every day. Buffet breakfast is also great.

Clientele very nice, pleasant folks. Mix of Asians and Westerners.Younger mongers (apart from your old Uncle Tom and the other feller with a different tart twinset daily, natch), family groups and honeymoon couples. Couple of young single white chicks, one of whom I chatted up beside the pool. Blonde Dutch chick traveling solo, early 30s, slightly chubby but very sexy with great tits, Got her Line address. Reckon she’d have been game for some beer and a ride but she was checking out straight after the sunbathing and heading to Hua Hin...

Will definitely stay there again.

Refurbished Mercury, across thee road (which someone mentioned above) looked very good too.

is it girls friendly ? if wyes , are they charting fee's for girls?(1 or more)

• 1 month later...

is it girls friendly ? if wyes , are they charting fee's for girls?(1 or more)

Judging on what I saw, and reported in my review (particularly the bit that says: ‘it was definitely guest friendly’), I think it’s girl friendly. I don’t suppose they charge a fee, but I saw no evidence in support or contradiction of that supposition, so I’m not sure. I didn’t take a bird back to Aloft during my stay, but lots of other guests were quite openly doing so.