Hilton Hotel

Hello Again

Was lying in bed realised my AMEX card gives me Hilton Rewards Gold status if registered so that is now done just waiting for confirmation.

So what is the Hilton Bangkok like was going to stay at Majestic Grand but looking at price the Hilton with discount is slightly dearer but it includes free breakfast so is better value.

I have read it is girl friendly so fits the bill Is there any down points to consider. I thank you in Advance for any replies having fun planning my trip will pay upfront when it all goes through probably after Easter 7 months to go.  

Which Hilton in Bangkok are you looking at?

There is the one on the river Millennium Hilton and the one down Soi 24 Hilton Sukhumvit.

The Millennium is a bit far away from Nana / Cowboy where as Hilton Sukhumvit is closer but not as close as Majestic.

The closest BTS station would be 5+ minute walk away then the BTS trip time.

The advantage though is the area has massage shops and also Soi 22 and Queens Park Plaza is near by.

Last year I stayed at Marriott Sukhumvit 57 and I found the distance to Nana manageable but I was spending the day in Soi 4 and then night in Soi 22.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the Doubletree Hilton on Soi 26. I prefer it to the Hilton on Soi 24. Doubletree is more relaxed, I think the rooms are a bit nicer and more tourists/leisure crowd Vs more Business crowd at Soi 24. Doubletree a bit cheaper too.

Conrad is much better (Hilton family).  Wireless road not far from Nana.  Walking 10 minutes.  Free bus drops u 5 mins from Nana plaza. 

• 1 month later...

You're better off using your points to stay at the Hilton in Pattaya if you want to splurge. A great location adjacent to the Central Festival mall and one of the nicest hotels in the city. Then stay somewhere nearer to Nana in Bangkok...

You're better off using your points to stay at the Hilton in Pattaya if you want to splurge. A great location adjacent to the Central Festival mall and one of the nicest hotels in the city. Then stay somewhere nearer to Nana in Bangkok...

Pattaya Hilton 50,000 points / night vs. Bangkok Doubletree 20,000 points / night. I am not sure if it is better use of points as you can book Hilton Pattaya at around $180 and for Bangkok Doubletree at around $95. 

For me, Hilton is way overprice for Pattaya, as you can book a few fabulous places in Pattaya for less than $100 a night.

I'm going to book at Doubletree for 5 nights, and it will only cost 80,000 points with the book 5 gets 1 free night. Bring the actual cost to only 16,000 points per night, not too shabby for a very good Bangkok hotel.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Have stayed. Both places. Girl friendly. At check in tell the clerk your girlfriend may come over later. Say no more. If breakfast is included you will buy breakfast for your girlfriend. Be discrete. It is after all a hotel frequented by business and family clientele.

Personally I make it a point to have the hotel check the girl's ID and no one has given me trouble.

Agree with the comments about the over priced Pattaya Hilton.Much better choices paying.

Have over a million points with Hilton and would rather use them in Bangkok than Pattaya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Pattaya Hilton 50,000 points / night vs. Bangkok Doubletree 20,000 points / night. I am not sure if it is better use of points as you can book Hilton Pattaya at around $180 and for Bangkok Doubletree at around $95. 

For me, Hilton is way overprice for Pattaya, as you can book a few fabulous places in Pattaya for less than $100 a night.

I'm going to book at Doubletree for 5 nights, and it will only cost 80,000 points with the book 5 gets 1 free night. Bring the actual cost to only 16,000 points per night, not too shabby for a very good Bangkok hotel.

That's what I do, did it over NYE at DoubleTree Bangkok, 20,000 points a night when the room rate was way above normal because of NYE etc. Booked 4 nights, 5th night free. Didn't get the usual free room upgrade though as the hotel was fully booked but the standard rooms are nice enough. You can also use the pool and facilities at the Soi24 Hilton if you want.